MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-03-2002, 07:36 AM   #1
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Talking Went for my first ride.....thanks to PKRWUD

I would like to take this time to thank Chris (PRKWUD) for his help. WIth Chris' direction, in the span of a week I learned how to check for continuity and voltage using a voltmeter, something I never had done before, and got my car running yesterday. I was really impressed by Chris dedication to my problem and his wisdom, experience, and patience he had during the troubleshooting process. This is the beauty of the internet and message boards in general. To think that someone would take time out of their life to help you in fixing your car and ask for nothing in return is awesome. Thanks again Chris. I owe you one. You are the man!

What a learning experience. Chris helped me find the answer to my charging problem, which was a bad alternator plug (the hot wire that gives the alternator 12V). There was no feeling like when I started that engine and the battery light was not on. I finally got to drive my car home from the garage at my Uncle's house and it was a great ride. I can't wait to put the 500 miles on the engine so I can go drag racing. One thing's for sure. The new cam is really lumpy, and for the firtst time the car stalled at the stop light. I guess I better raise the idle a little
Engine is a 1969 351 block w/393 stroker kit. Dynamic Roller Myte C4, 8 pt cage. Edlebrock Performer heads and Victor Jr. EFI, FRPP 30lb injectors & Cartech fuel system. MSD ignition. Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, adj. upper's, 3.73's, Koni rear shocks, much more
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 09:19 AM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up PKRWUD appreciation

Stang_ROTY:

I'm glad to learn that you found the problem, fixed it, were able to finally get the 'Stang on the road, and that PKRWUD was a big factor in helping you.

Chris is our resident tech expert (unpaid) and helps a lot of folks here, especially if they take the time to explain the problem clearly and will follow his advice - which is always sound.

Diagnosing mechanical/electrical car problems from afar is very difficult - sometimes impossible - but Chris always tries when asked - and often succeeds.

I'm glad he was successful in your case and along with you, I thank him and want him to know that we appreciate his efforts and his willingness to share his expertise with us at Mustang Works.

Chris is part of what makes Mustang Works the user-friendly Mustang site that it is. We appreciate that.

Thanks Chris - and thanks to all of our members that share tech and other Mustang information. That's waht this forum and this site are all about and why we just keep growing and growing.
Old 06-03-2002, 11:46 AM   #3
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Talking

I agree completely, and hope that one day I will have the knowledge to assist and help other with their problems too. Lord knows with the mistakes I've made, I hace certainly learned a lot

Thanks again Chris!
Engine is a 1969 351 block w/393 stroker kit. Dynamic Roller Myte C4, 8 pt cage. Edlebrock Performer heads and Victor Jr. EFI, FRPP 30lb injectors & Cartech fuel system. MSD ignition. Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, adj. upper's, 3.73's, Koni rear shocks, much more
Old 06-03-2002, 11:53 AM   #4
PKRWUD

Thank you both very much for such kind words!!! I'm really touched (watch it, Marty!) by what you both said. I enjoy helping people who are willing to get dirty themselves, and who have a desire to learn.

Jay-
You're the one who did the work, be proud of yourself! The happiness you felt when you started it, and the light was no longer lit, is the reason I got into this field; instant gratification! Keep up the good work, and drive your baby carefully. She's a monster!

Jim-
Thanks for saying that, that means alot, but I'm just a small part in a large machine. You, Kell, Jim Berg, Skyler, and dozens of others here do just as much, if not more, to help make this site what it is.

Thanks again!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 12:38 PM   #5
shadowblue89
Registered Member

Alright eveyone. You better be carefull Chris's ego is going to make his head explode from all these comments. J/K

I agree chris and alot of others make MustangWorks the best site to visit and get advice or just B/S about whats going on.

89 GT 5spd
shadowblue89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 01:38 PM   #6
Tony91LX
Registered Member

Stang_ROTY

Glad to here things are OK, PKRWUD has help me out to.

Let me know when you break the motor in and I'll meet you at the Valley some time.
Tony91LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 02:03 PM   #7
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

That sounds great. I'll holler at you when I get some mileage on her. I'd love to have a fellow FordMan going with me since my bowtie buddy will surely be tagging along with his 16 sec. pavement eating formula Firebird

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony91LX
Stang_ROTY

Glad to here things are OK, PKRWUD has help me out to.

Let me know when you break the motor in and I'll meet you at the Valley some time.
Old 06-03-2002, 02:21 PM   #8
Tony91LX
Registered Member

Just email or PM me!

I should be ready in a week or so.
Old 06-03-2002, 03:37 PM   #9
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

I agree.. Chris and everyone has always been such a big help... I'm still undergoing probs with my car, but I ran out of funds for a little bit, and the troubleshooting has been put on hold.

Thanks again, you guys!
Old 06-03-2002, 07:00 PM   #10
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Stang_ROTY
That sounds great. I'll holler at you when I get some mileage on her. I'd love to have a fellow FordMan going with me since my bowtie buddy will surely be tagging along with his 16 sec. pavement eating formula Firebird

LOL 16 second pavement eating.....

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
929PhoenixSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 11:36 PM   #11
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Yes indeed, I had the same prob ROTY, the voltage regulator, thank god for my dad, i hooked my battery up backwards on accident, and it fried something, while i was gonna replace all the wires, my dad showed me how to check conuity, and finally found the problem was not fuse links, i know how frustrating it is to see that idiot light lol....been there just a week ago.

Many people here have helped me in the past, not being able to start, and hear my stang exhaust rumbling was torture, but when i finally heard it crank, i could just ride and think about the fine folks here at Mw's are like another family to me , and to help someone you dont personally know is a wonderful thing, i hope to offer as much knowledge as i have been given.
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote