MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-28-2004, 08:30 PM   #1
Scrapla
Registered Member

Default WET or DRY?

Ok, Im getting a 347 dropped into my 90 GT along with the NOS #5115 kit which is a dry kit and I heard bad things about dry due to messing with the fuel pressure and a WET kit would be safer. My set up on the motor is mild such as gt40p heads, shorty headers and just basic bolt on's due to my budget and the NOS kit is brand new not even opened. My car is a daily driver and i Just wanted maybe 75-100hp outta tha NOS kit for that occasional race but the majority of the driving is gonna be everyday things, what do you guys feel about the dry kit should I keep it or sell it and go wet? Please help.

RICE HATERS MEMBER #73
Scrapla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 09:35 PM   #2
420nitro
Registered Member

Default Re: WET or DRY?

Quote:
Originally posted by Scrapla
Ok, Im getting a 347 dropped into my 90 GT along with the NOS #5115 kit which is a dry kit and I heard bad things about dry due to messing with the fuel pressure and a WET kit would be safer. My set up on the motor is mild such as gt40p heads, shorty headers and just basic bolt on's due to my budget and the NOS kit is brand new not even opened. My car is a daily driver and i Just wanted maybe 75-100hp outta tha NOS kit for that occasional race but the majority of the driving is gonna be everyday things, what do you guys feel about the dry kit should I keep it or sell it and go wet? Please help.
I never had a problem with the dry kit. I say stay with it. I don't think the Efi intake was ever intended for fuel, nor would I even give it a try. All the big explosions and bad back fires that I have witness, were from wet kits. If you run a 347 with heads cam and intake I would definitly run 30pound injectors with the dry kit. And with any nitrous kit that doesn't have any R&D with the combo you are running, I suggest checking the plugs on every pass and having an EGT on the car. Start off conservitive and work your way up.
A buddy of mine had a 306,twisted wedge heads, GT-40 intake,custom nitrous cam, big headers,30pound injectors,etc,etc spraying a dry kit with a 98 size pill on the dry kit with 42 on the fuel side. Car flew!!
No problems all season
Car ran 12.20's on motor. (everybody thought it was a nitrous pass)
Never ran it at the track on spray. (big street racer)
Est. low 11's---- high 10's (never really had to make a full pass on the street)
Good luck
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 09:37 PM   #3
Scrapla
Registered Member

Well I already have new 24#ers and looking into getting a 255 intank pump or an inline pump and was gonna try that out.

RICE HATERS MEMBER #73
Scrapla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 12:54 PM   #4
Simi Stang

Default dry

You might be ok with the 24s. I run a 306 with the mods in my sig. I too use the 5115 dry kit from NOS. I use 24lbers. with a 150 shot. I have a 155lph intank pump and a 200gph MSD inline pump. As long as you are pushing plenty of fuel volume...you'll be ok. I think the 255lph your are getting should be sufficient...but don't quote me on that. But the dry system comes with the fuel safety cut off switch if the fuel pressure drops below the desired 80-85 psi. to mix with the juice...then the system will shut off the flow of nitrous. My motor is no 347...but if you are going to keep it mellow...between 75 & a 100 shot...I think you'll be fine. Just keep an eye on the plugs...and a timing retard couldn't hurt either.