MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-30-2001, 07:58 PM   #1
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Post What cam do I want and where do I get it??

I am currently still using the speed density computer but I am going to try and install an overstock cam and tune my motor to work.

I want a cam that will add mid and high range power and increase my mph.

I plan on adding a high performance fuel pump
24# injectors and a fuel pressure regulator

I am hoping that a cam along with a 100 shot of nitrous will make me able to hang with or beat some of the chevy big block monters here at the track.

Any help or criticism for my next step will be greatly appreciated.

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers mac cold air fender kit 3.73 FMS gears cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires. Edelbrock 1 1/2 inch drop springs.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 08:50 PM   #2
CRIPPLED PONY
Registered Member

Talking

You need to match the cam to your engine specs. (compression,valve lift,ect.) You can go to crane cams or lunati or any cam mfr and they give you compression requirements and what rpm range they are good for. Good luck.
CRIPPLED PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 01:50 PM   #3
Dasykopath
Registered Member

I've got an F303 cam if yer interested.

------------------
88 GT Droptop. Not sure about the heads, stocks shaved mebbe. Intake, stock, think there's some work. Flowtech headers, off road h-pipe, flows, 3.55 FoMo., aluminum driveshaft, C-4 trans. w/ B&M shifter, Ram air, and more on the way.
Dasykopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 04:21 PM   #4
Yan88gt
Registered Member

comp cam have a cam for the speed density. I think it have 477 of lift but i don't know the duration. How can you put 24 pound injectors on speed density? Let me know how your set up is working.I'm running 13.4 at 103.6 with my 88 gt on street tire (speed density).Stock ported head and intake,1.7rr and lots of bolt-on
Yan88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 04:37 PM   #5
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Yan88gt:
comp cam have a cam for the speed density. I think it have 477 of lift but i don't know the duration. How can you put 24 pound injectors on speed density? Let me know how your set up is working.I'm running 13.4 at 103.6 with my 88 gt on street tire (speed density).Stock ported head and intake,1.7rr and lots of bolt-on
Dont quote me on this but I believe that you can put 24# injectors and a cam and even an intake if you have a high performance fuel pump and a fuel presure regulator you simply have to increase your fuel pressure manualy to compensate for all of the extra air flow.

The main reason that I want to put the bigger injectors and the fuel pump is so I can put the nitrous on safely and get the most out of it.

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers mac cold air fender kit 3.73 FMS gears cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires. Edelbrock 1 1/2 inch drop springs.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote