MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-13-2002, 10:32 PM   #1
Lethal5Oh
Registered Member

Default What to do?

I have a little money to spend (like under 400) What do you guys think i should do. Im thinking a flowmaster American thunder exhaust and a Aeromotive AFPR (mines OE ones shot anyways) or maybe an ignition system upgrade or MAF upgrade. Id like to do a couple of things at the same time, cause if it didnt id be putting on a Trick Flow intake. Which of these do you think i should do, or can you think of something better? Im not ready for NOS. This is a 95 GT with 70,000 miles on it. Thanks
'95 GT convert. K&N, C&L mass air meter, Performance distributors sreamin demon coil, dyna mod, live wires, king cobra clutch, flowmaster american thunder exhaust, UPR billet adjustable shift handle, Crane Cams Fireball HI-6 box,underdrive pullies, 255lph fuel pump, UPr short throw shifter, caster camber plates, 03 cobra lower A arms, bullit suspension, cobra front brakes
Lethal5Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 10:50 PM   #2
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Well, if you don't have gears yet, I would go that way. IMO, gears are by far the best bang for your buck modification. But, if you don't want to mess with gears, I would go for exhaust.

I don't see where the MAF or ignition upgrade would do much for you at this stage.

Or, save up for a set of heads then start building out from there.

Ummm, too many choices .

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 12:08 AM   #3
Lethal5Oh
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I dont really want to mess with the gears yet because in a few months im going to be doing alot of driving on the highway so i dont want to mess with my gas mileage. Your right to many options, not enough money. I thought about the MAF because someone told me it may be the cause of a ocasional problem of missfiring ive had but in talking to some one that ran a 9 second fox body, im thinking it was just a case of bad gas. (i thought amaco was the best gas ever, until i got water in it too) I guess ill just do the exhaust, i want to hear the 302 scream.
'95 GT convert. K&N, C&L mass air meter, Performance distributors sreamin demon coil, dyna mod, live wires, king cobra clutch, flowmaster american thunder exhaust, UPR billet adjustable shift handle, Crane Cams Fireball HI-6 box,underdrive pullies, 255lph fuel pump, UPr short throw shifter, caster camber plates, 03 cobra lower A arms, bullit suspension, cobra front brakes
Lethal5Oh is offline   Reply With Quote