MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-08-2001, 11:54 AM   #1
clearwaterms
Registered Member

Post Solid Lifter Cam?

What is involved in converting, I was reading a post by Sky about a solid lifter motor that spun to 6800 rpm's... I don't drive my car much and am always tinkering on it, so a little valve adjustment every now and then is no big deal... I have a stock motor, with a blower. For a budget upgrade, what do you recommend? What about one of those spyder intakes that is converted to Injection; along with a DFI system, that removes the Mass Air, a set of Aluminum heads and a solid lifter motor. Along with a bigger blower? I already have a 600hp capable AOD, and drive shaft, Im having the suspension and rear done in the spring? Is this a possible setup?
clearwaterms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 02:53 PM   #2
Nicks5.0
Registered Member

im not positive about the solid roller conversion, but MM&FF just did some high end intake dyno tests the past two issues, and one of the better performers was the victor jr-converted to efi-spyder. they werent using dfi, just an epec to raise the rev limiter. obviously, none of this is going to be budget, but that term is relevant. it just depends how much you have to spend. sorry i dont have the article right in front of me, but its a good place to start for the intakes and maybe some of the details for a solid conversion. hope this helps, nick

------------------
1990lx coupe, 302, gt40p heads, wolv 1087 cam, 1.7rr's, 65mm tb, 75mm maf, comp box on top of cobra lower, anderson ford pms, full exhaust, drag type susp. and 3.55's. traps 105mph
Nicks5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote