MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-05-2001, 10:22 AM   #1
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Talking Amazing time with an old stang buddy of mine in town!!

I must say that last night was the most fun i have had in a long time!(get your minds out of the gutter An old friend of mine from highschool days came back to Henrey county for spring break and gave me a call last night at 7 wanting to know if we could hang out. He has been going through some really tough times lately and really needed a friend to talk to. We are so similar it is unreal. So we meet at Waffle house around 7:30 and sat, ate talked till 10, catching up on old times, and new times. He absolutely loves my car. So i ask if he wanted to run, just for sh1ts and giggles. He sais i would stomp him, but why not. So we cruise down the road to Eagles Landing Highschool's parking lot where we line up 3 times. All three times he got the jump b/c he was powerbreaking his AOD and i was searching for traction with my 5-spd and lame duck t-lock. I spun 1/2 way through 1, pedaled it to get traction then shifted. By the time i shifted to 2nd i walked him really bad. We shut down 1/2 way through 2 b/c the lot was not long. I had a good car and a half by shutdown. WHAT A BLAST!!

Then i noticed steam!!:O We pushed Marbles over to a street light and i tightened up all the coolent hoses, filled her up with my emergency water, and we headed to a gas station to get a better look. I found a Friggen hole in a hose i replaced last month!!! So i patched it up, and managed to make it to my exit where i locked her up at a gas station b/c she was overheating, then went home. Chris followed me and gave me a ride home. We hung out till 1 am watching a movie and talking. Were gonna get a new hose today and get Marbles back on her feet. DAMN WHAT A NIGHT!! Sorry so long. Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 04:05 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Can't complain about having a cool *** time man. It's always nice to get out with ANY of your buddies and just spend some time hanging out. If the Stangs get into the picture, all the better.

Damn, I've always wanted to eat at a Waffle House, just never have any damn time to stop on my road trips. We don't have any of those places up here in Minnesota. Go figure, a totally northern concept like waffles and pancakes and where do you find them? In the grits and eggs country!

So how are those places????? Are they as good as I think they could be? Damn, I'm gonna kick my own *** if I don't stop at one on my next trip. Hehe, finally hit up an IHOP in Mesa, AZ last summer. NICE! Hehe.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 02:00 PM   #3
NoSlow5.0

Thumbs up

Unit, you don't know what you are missing! I am orriginally from the north, NewPort Rh. I miss my Newport creamery. Waffle house, or WaHoo as we call, it is the best chane ANY WHERE!! I can eat a pecan waffle the size of a large dinner plate, double order of hash browns:scattered smothered,covered chuncked, diced and topped, coffee, and bacon for like $6.00! great food, a real hang out for the young and old. Kicks IHOP's a$$ any day, no offense to IHOP lovers. You have to try it! Theye are a southern states chane. Light Em Up!!
Old 03-07-2001, 02:42 PM   #4
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Talking

DAMN! I knew it!

Waffle House does rock! Why don't we get those up here in pancake/waffle country?

Hell, $6.00 aint bad eigher. I drop like $10 minimum for some low grade slop at Perkins!
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 05:20 PM   #5
NoSlow5.0

Wink

Ever in ATL drop me a line. We'll go Wahooing! Light Em up!!!
Old 03-07-2001, 05:34 PM   #6
cleangreenmachine

I have to agree, Waffle House rocks! I make an attempt to find one whenever I am down South (which is happening less and less often - where I'm at "down South" means LA). Once you get deep enough into the southern states, there is practically one at every off-ramp. For a while there, I was carrying the location guide in my glovebox.

------------------
Greg
91 LX Convertible