MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-10-2002, 08:18 PM   #1
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Default What little things do I need for an A-Trim??

Plans are in motion for an A-Trim at the end of the summer!!! I need to know what little things I have to buy. I'm going to start getting the stuff little by little then buy the supercharger in October or November. I know that I need fuel pump, injectors, re-calibrated MAF, gauges, fuel pressure regulator, umm... I know I must be forgetting alot of stuff so please help me out.

Oh yea, I need a bigger throttle body, maybe some headers... Please list the things that I need guys and help me out. Would 36# injectors be enough?? What about the fuel pump?? 255lph?? Please help me because I want to start getting this stuff together as soon as I can.

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 09:39 PM   #2
rbatson

You don't 'need' anything, it will work fine for what you have. Ok, a bigger fuel pump would be good, just to be on the safe side. A bigger MAF is worth the money, headers are good to have as well. You do not want to get bigger injectors unless you are putting on heads, intake, cam.

Tell me what other mods you plan and maybe I can be alittle more specific on the 'needs'.

If you have any other questions, just ask and I'm sure I can help you.
Old 06-11-2002, 10:12 AM   #3
RED92LX50
Registered Member

I agree - the rationale behind getting an A-Trim is not needing to upgrade all the things you mentioned... if you are going to put in the $ for bigger injectors, MAF, fuel pump, headers, etc. - you may be better off getting an S-Trim for the growth potential and more boost in the future.
R.H.C. #51
RED92LX50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 10:29 AM   #4
Stang Runner
Registered Member

if you get the A-trim you dont need much.. Like RED92LX50 if you going to get all the other stuff get the S-trim.
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 09:30 PM   #5
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

I don't plan on swapping heads in the future. I kind of want to see how fast I can go with stone stock heads, intake, and cam. I can't afford an S-Trim right now and since the A-Trim is almost half the price, it will do just fine. I can always get a power pipe and a different blower pulley if I need a few more psi. I don't want to go crazy with this car...just enough that I will have some respect on the street and I think 5-7 psi will give me that.

What about the installation of the Vortech?? Is it hard to install?? I'm going to have about three months free (December-March) so time isn't a factor at all. How does the A-Trim compare to the NOVI 1000?? I know the Vortech has been around for quite a while and the NOVI is a newer design but what are the good/bad things about each? I'm looking to spend
no more than $2500 for everything that I will need start to finish. Thanks for the responses guys

Old 06-11-2002, 09:38 PM   #6
exgmguy
Registered Member

I would get the Novi 1000 over an A-trim. www.musclemotors.com sells the 1000 kits for 1700 bucks. Everything you will need. It makes about 6 psi on my modified 302, and might make 8-10 psi on a stock motor.
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 11:53 PM   #7
DemonGT
Registered Member

im in the prosses of building a 331 but want to get a A trim first...should i get a 190 pump or 255?? and i already have a 76mm Maf...and long tubes and all that...so i just need..or should get a fuel pump? no injectors?

whats the pros and cons on the A trim vs novi 1000? are the novi 1000 loud like the A trims..i kinda like the whine hehe
'91 GT,410W,10.5 to 1 comp,Victor Jr. heads,Victor 5.8 intake,FTI cam,Crane retro fit lifters,Scorpian 1.6 RR's,Melling HV oil pump,MSD distro.,Canton oil pan,FMS flywheel,Romac balancer,FMS timing chain,Accufab 90mm TB,C&L 76mm maf, 42lbers,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Pro dumps,powerchamber,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Ford Racing gauges,5inch Tach,centerline convo pro's,nitto DR's,Pro3i lower control arms,50/50 shocks,3.55 gears,TFS HD diff. cover

Next year:

Tremec TKO,Spec stage 3 clutch,alum driveshaft,complete fuel system

www.angelfire.com/linux/demondan
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 07:10 PM   #8
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

exgmguy : Iwas over reading through the posts on the novi 1k and I saw that you were having a few problems with your fuel pressure. Did you ever get it straightened out?

The only downside to the Novi seems to be the instructions for installation. Right now, I'm leaning towards the Novi instead of the Vortech. Would my 19lb injectors be alright to use or will I have to change them? With the poor directions, can a guy with "some" automotive skill install the supercharger? I don't want to pay a shop a couple hundred dollars to do it when I could struggle through it myself and learn a whole lot about my car and my setup. I think it would be easier to tune and diagnose that way.

I'm probably going to be asking you alot of questions exgmguy because you already went through the install and know possible problems/snags that I may run into. Just be prepared because I'm positive that I'm going to be asking for help.

Old 06-12-2002, 10:57 PM   #9
DemonGT
Registered Member

im leaning towards the vortech...i did some research on the novi and it seems ppl are having probs with fuel presure and fitment..one guy had to dent his hood for it to fit ect ect...the vortech would be just a stright bolt on...and i dont understand ..yet..as to why the novi is better? you can pulley then both up...
'91 GT,410W,10.5 to 1 comp,Victor Jr. heads,Victor 5.8 intake,FTI cam,Crane retro fit lifters,Scorpian 1.6 RR's,Melling HV oil pump,MSD distro.,Canton oil pan,FMS flywheel,Romac balancer,FMS timing chain,Accufab 90mm TB,C&L 76mm maf, 42lbers,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Pro dumps,powerchamber,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Ford Racing gauges,5inch Tach,centerline convo pro's,nitto DR's,Pro3i lower control arms,50/50 shocks,3.55 gears,TFS HD diff. cover

Next year:

Old 06-13-2002, 07:25 AM   #10
Stang Runner
Registered Member

novi will support more HP than a A-trim like about 100 or so.
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Old 06-13-2002, 01:17 PM   #11
DemonGT
Registered Member

100 horse out of the box?? dose anyone know what the novi kit all comes with?

Next year:

Old 06-13-2002, 02:43 PM   #12
Stang Runner
Registered Member

no no no I shoudl have made if more clear thats with EVERY thing done to the car the Novi will give the motor more Air that say if you have heads Cam Pulley every thing. On a Stock car as is they are very close But if you are going to MAX it out with Every thing you can It will Make a good amount more HP as it just flows more air. I hope that helps it has more potenual then the A-Trim.
Old 06-13-2002, 10:43 PM   #13
DemonGT
Registered Member

after i get my gears installed and sub frames on ill be going after a blower..either the novi or vortech....after that..ill be building a 331...dose that make a difference in the choice i should or would make?? can i run the stock injectors with the novi also? its just from reading about all the probs ppl have had with the novi with geting it install and all that it kind pushes me away from it

Next year: