MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-20-2001, 07:31 PM   #1
vande97
Registered Member

Post what next????

my car is an 88, it has been running like shi# fro the past month, does not idol right wants to die sometimes, backfires sometimes feels like it may be running on 7cy sometimes. just does not feel strong as it use to. what could this be......i have done the following, tune up awhile ago, o2s today, cleand the TB and all that good suff but yet no change i took it to a garage and they said they could not get my computer to communicate with the scanner.why???
vande97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 10:20 PM   #2
87GTman

Exclamation

Try the ground wire that hooks to the computer its the thin ground on your battery terminal. its just a thought, maybe its bad connection.. also theres a relay on your computer high in your kick panel maybe its bad man it could a number of things... try the basics first like you have been doing

------------------
SOLD THE 87GT, .. GT40, 70mmTB, 75mmBullet, 24lbinjectors, cold air induction, Edelbrok 6025 Rpm's, Inch phonolic spacer, tall FMSvalve covers, an SFI balancer, Canton 7quart, the shortblock... Lunati 51025 (224/232 .535/. 544 @112 deg) Ross lightweight pistons (10:1) Eagle H-Beams, Total Seal plasma Moly Rings, Clevite bearings, ARP throughout, FMS main Girdle&Studs, Forged Crank, of course HV-OilPump and hardened FMS shaft, Dual Friction centerforce, T5, and 4.10's Longtubes and 2.25 tail pi