MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-29-2001, 11:15 PM   #1
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Question What Next?

I am ordering a set of Maximum Motorsport full length sub frames for my car for the very next mod, but after that I have no idea. I am thinking of going with suspension mods next, but am also leaning toward buying the 351W I found and build it up. I may just start saving for a blower.

Here's my mods so far...
• 76mm C&L MAF
• 24lb SVO injectors
• Walbo 190lph fuel pump
• 65mm Explorer TB
• MAC cold air kit
• K&N air filter
• GT-40 intake
• 1" Phenolic spacer
• Ported stock ET7E heads - 3 angle valve job - shaved .030
• F303 cam
• Omega 1.6 roller rockers
• Crane valve springs
• Ford racing valve covers
• MAC 1 5/8" long tube headers
• MAC 2 1/2" Pro Chamber
• MAC 2 1/2" cat back with chrome tips
• MSD Blaster coil
• FMS 3.73 gears
• King Cobra clutch and pressure plate
• Taylor Spiro Pro plug wires
• Taylor battery box in hatch
• 130 amp 3G alternator
• Stewart high volume water pump
• Heavy duty radiator
• Ford 5300C Springs
• Koni Sport Yellow struts and shocks
• BBK caster/camber plates
• 16" Cobra R rims
• 225/50ZR/16 Dunlop SP Sport 8000 tires
• Pro 5.0 shifter
• A/C, smog pump, and rear seat delete
• Custom made shifter cover and knob
• Aluminum foot pedals
• MAC white face gauge overlay
• KSR white face A/C control overlay

------------------
Gunning for 12's!

Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 10:37 AM   #2
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Damn, sounds like you really aren't sure what you want to me, 351ci or blower or N2O. Hows it running now, did you get some of the issues worked out? If not the blower will only make it worse.

I say get some goos suspension that way when you deceide to build the 351 or go blower it will hook. I am very happy that I did my suspension before I built this motor, now that is the last thing I plan on adding too, unless you count the additon of a tube K-memebr and anti roll bar/sway bar.

If your heart is set on a 351 and you don't think it will be around grab it now and sit it to the side, then do the suspension, and prepare the car for the 351, you'll also need a cage. I would just plan on skipping the 12's and go 11's...

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension,S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon! FIRST TIME OUT 12.16@111 WHEELS-UP
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 10:51 AM   #3
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

The 351 will be there. The guy has quite a few of them actually. He's a big Stang nut and has all kinds of Stang parts lying around. What I meant about saving for a blower is if I go with the 351 I plan to supercharge it and keep it mostly stock for now.

You're right though. I have no idea what I want to do now. N2O is coming very soon, I do know that.

------------------
Gunning for 12's!

Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
Old 07-30-2001, 02:20 PM   #4
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I have like 10 different things I want to get done to the car before winter gets here.

1. Get the car to Tim's house so he can check my rocker adjustment
2. Sub-frames
3. Cover the rear seat and hatch area with aluminum
4. New tires
5. New carpet
6. Control arms
7. N2O
8. Racing buckets and harnesses
9. Roll cage
10. Install the tilt column sitting in my den

Suspension is a pretty big concern though because my car bottoms out now when I hit a bump so I need to get under the rear of the car and find out what the hell is going on. What kind of control arms do you recommend? And would the Eibach Pro spring kit be a good choice for a drag setup? If so, what struts/shocks should I go with? List your suspension goodies for me Rick, and if you would go with the same setup if you had to do it again.

I realize it sounds like I am jumping around a lot with what to do next, but considering I put over $6000 in my car in a years time that's normal. We're into the second year now so I gotta start all over

Thanks!

------------------
Gunning for 12's!

Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
Old 07-30-2001, 02:41 PM   #5
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

If you're looking for a drag set-up, don't get the pro-kit. The pro-kit is for handling. Go with the the Eibach Drag-Launch kit. Do not get handling shocks and struts they will counter-act the springs. Get some drag shocks and struts like the ones Lakewood makes.

The HPMotorsport control arms are some of the best on the market and I can really feel my rear try to plant when I step on it.

Have you thought about upgrading to some aluminum heads?

------------------
Eric - 89 Mustang LX coupe
302 - Cobra Intake - GT40p heads - TFS stage 1 cam - FRPP 1.6 roller rockers - Naturally Aspirated
3:73 gears - KYB shocks and struts - Eibach springs - HPM Mega-bite Jr lower control arms - HPM upper control arms
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 10:23 PM   #6
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I have thought about getting some heads, but I think I'm going to wait on that until I know for sure what engine I will be going with. If I were to buy them now I would go with AFR 165's for my 5.0L, but if I go with a 351 I plan to go with 185's or maybe even 205's, so I don't want to buy heads just yet. Plus I think I'd like to try my hand at porting again with some 351 heads after I make a dyno run with them stock to see how much porting helps them out. Then go to some aluminum heads and dyno again. I think that would be really cool. Plus, I really believe my stock ported heads are flowing pretty good. I know aftermarket heads would really help out, but my car runs very close to the times my buddies car does and he has a similar setup but with Edelbrock aluminum heads.

I'm kinda partial to Maximum Motorsport stuff, but they are mostly for handling so I don't know. I have a friend who has South Side lift bars and his car will snap your neck pretty good if you aren't ready for it. I need more input

------------------
Gunning for 12's!

Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
Old 07-31-2001, 04:22 PM   #7
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Talking

Here's my current list of goodies:

70/30's, 50/50's, Eibach Drag Kit w/ airbag, no front sway, SSM lowers -5 pinion angle, Soild stock uppers, subs, 8pt cage.

Now since things have changed here's what I would go with if I was starting all over, but my current set-up kicks *** on my car and I do reccomend it.

UPR's Kit www.uprproducts.com (Similar to Wolfe's) upper arms, lower arms, sway bar, spherical bushings. Quality is awesome!

Hal Coil Overs in the front, with a tube K-Member, Hal adjustable drag shocks.

Now since I really like my current system, I plan on adding UPR's sway bar, and double adjustable uppers, then maybe this winter I will tackle a tube K-Memeber (I like the SSM K-Member, it has a removable center, great to remove the oil pan with out removing the damn motor) I will also go to HAL coil overs then in the front.

The cage does a lot for my car, it luanches soild as can be now, really helped a lot.

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension,S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon! FIRST TIME OUT 12.16@111 WHEELS-UP
Old 08-01-2001, 02:38 AM   #8
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I really like the idea of going with the HAL coilovers. I have been considering that and kicking myself for not going with them in the first place. They allow ride height adjustment too right?

------------------
Gunning for 12's!

Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
Old 08-01-2001, 08:51 AM   #9
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Yes, I believe all coil overs allow ride height adjustment. A buddy has the Ground Pounder kit and that looks and fit nice. THe coil over/ tube K-Member set up was still very new and un explored, the Lakewood set-up I have is much cheaper and works very well.

It does take a lot for my car to pull the wheels though, I get over 10" between my fender and tire before the tires leave the ground, if I had stock springs I'd pull them 12" instead of 2" , but hey it hooks like crazy, guess thats the pay off

I'd rather be all go.....then all show, but both is best

------------------