View Single Post
Old 04-28-2001, 02:21 AM   #1
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Question What next? Also I have a bucking problem...

I just got the car back together and the tranny went out so after that is completed I will not be buying anything for quite some time. But in the meantime I can always dream

My car has a slight bucking problem which I need to figure out though. It happens when I am at low RPM and putting a good strain on the engine like just after a shift. It's kinda like I am shifting too soon, but if I shift at where I used to when the engine was stock it bucks terribly. Is this just the fact that my setup needs to run in a higher RPM range and has lost a ton of low end? I'm hopiong it was just the tranny going bad causing this and not the engine actually sputtering a bit but it was kinda hard to tell.

I have a GT-40 intake, 65mm Explorer TB, 76mm C&L, 24lb injectors, MAC cold air kit, F303 cam, ported & milled stock heads, full MAC exhaust, 3.73 gears, King Cobra clutch, A/C delete, battery in trunk, and all the cooling I could ask for outside of an aluminum radiator.

Is now a good time for a custom chip?

After these issues get worked out should I start on the rest of my suspension? I currently have Koni Yellows all the way around with Ford C springs and BBK caster/camber plates. I know I really need to get some sub frames welded in, but have yet to get around to getting that done.

I really like the Maximum Motorsport stuff so that is probably what I am going to get.

I want a serious road racer that does good at the strip. Help me out.

Thanks.

------------------
Too much to list. Best ET on the car so far with stock 2.73 gears - 13.73@102mph

Indiana Stangers Association
Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote