MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-03-2002, 11:35 AM   #1
DZEE'S LX
Registered Member

Default What other electric fans/components will work?

I’ve decided to go the cheap route for now and pick up a used electric fan to replace my stock setup (with worn out clutch fan).
In looking at the old posts I still can’t find all the right answers.

I’ll be wandering around my local Pull Your Own yard and want to know what donor cars will produce a good fan. I know about the Mark VII fan but they are kind of hard to find and I don’t really need a huge amp-hungry setup. I understand the Taurus V-6 fan has been used a lot and they are plentiful. I’m also hearing that a Windstar with dual fans works well too. Are there any others that I should look for.

Also, what other components should I get. Is it easier to use the wiring harnesses from the junked car? What about relays, temp sending units, a/c switches, etc. I know I can get this stuff from parts stores but I thought it would be handy to do “one stop salvaging”.

Thanks,
Dan
Spec Service (UHP), BFG G-Force KDW's, Turbo Coupe 3.55 rear w/disks, 73mm calipers, Stg 1 Twisted Wedges, TFS Street Intake, 70mm TB, E cam, Crane 1.7's, Aeromotive FPR, BBK 1 5/8 shorties, elec fan, FMS Al Radiator, Moroso Wires, Kenne Bell Ramair, March pulleys, Race Magnums, 190 lph Walbro, FMS Al Dshaft, D/S loop, MM 4point rollbar, FMS C spngs, strut tower brace, Tokico Illuminas, Prothane bushings, MM Lwr Conrol Arms, KB welded subs, Cervini Mach 1 hood/valence/side skirts/wing/airdam.
DZEE'S LX is offline   Reply With Quote