MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-23-2001, 08:29 PM   #1
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Post What sensors will prevent the engine from running?

I'm trying to troubleshoot why the engine won't fire. Can anyone help me? I have 2 sensors open on fuel injection pass. side harness toward the midlle of the manifold and one on the driver side. Could it be one of those? Will incorrect vacuum placement prevent it from firing?
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 09:35 PM   #2
exgmguy
Registered Member

you could have every sensor unplugged and it would still fire. Have you checked to see if the engine has spark?
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 10:00 PM   #3
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Yes. I called MSD and used the advice they gave me to check the 6AL ignition for spark. My Uncle placed a test light into the injector plug on the wire harness to test the injector firing(I didn't ask him to do it...he justy did it..did he hurt something?)and the light was on during ignition. The module that plugs into the distributor was also tested and was hot. What else could it be. The engine felt really weird as I turned the key. Then when I realeased the key it keep trying to run. Then it died.
Old 07-23-2001, 10:55 PM   #4
go4it
Registered Member

Stang_Roty, I see that you got your fuel problem solved, what did you find wrong with it?
Have you tried moving your distributor a little while cranking it - maybe timing is off some. Just a thought
go4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 10:59 PM   #5
BilLster
Registered Member

had my maf and sensors unplugged one night and the car would start but ran like crap was testing the harness

------------------
89 with 395 single stage n2o .garret t3. 373's Suspention worked out finnaly . need cage .
BilLster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 05:16 AM   #6
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

go4it, The problem was very simple. The fuel line was pinched between the gas tank and the frame! That's it! Very funny if you think bout it but now the damn car won't start. We played around with the distributor, moving back and forth. It just sound weird. And when I let go of the key the engine keeps trying to run.