View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #9
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Default Re: What should this car run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiwesser View Post
I think 8.20's as well, the old bolt on motor with shaved E7's went 8.75 @ 79.8 at another track.
I believe the combo of spinning off the line due to first time on ET streets, and I only had one pass that I felt good about all the shifts(but I spun bad and ruined that pass), resulted in the disappointing ET's and 60 ft's, plus I don't really like that track.

Anyway I'll get it done , should I stay on the MT's or go back to the Mccreary's?????
If I stay on the ET Streets what air pressure should I be at 16-17 lbs is my usual at that pressure the MT's spun but the taller Mccreary's HOOK, But I got the shorter MT's because I figured a 26" tall tire would work better than the 27" MCreary's which are actually dirt track tires but i've used them awhile cause they're $100 a piece and last a long time.
I run 10-12 PSI in ET streets. I do a good second gear burnout. I then dump the clutch @5000rpms and I get a loud chirp on the launch and on the shifts.

Your mph in the 1/8th is what is most troubling. You are not gonna get a much better ET with a 80mph trap speed.

What was your uncorrected HP when you went to the dyno?
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote