MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-19-2001, 11:16 PM   #1
JohnVH
Registered Member

Post What is the simplest but best rear suspension???

I got to get my ET down to match up with my MPH. I have stock suspension and need some tips.

Thanks!!

------------------
'85 stang, 12:1 351W, Victor JR heads, BBK 1 3/4" long tubes, drag shocks, arp head studs, windage tray, balanced,Frank Lupo Proformance C-4 with a Brake, Dynamic converter, 4:10's, home made subframes, victor jr intake, modified holley 750 double pumper, msd ignition, 2 1/2" exh., , 2920# with me in it RTR.
Best first times spinning in first and second.
1/8...7.73@97.3
1/4...11.73@123.6 on cheap street tires!!!!!! With a aircleaner and full exhaust out the tailpipes. And stock suspen
JohnVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 03:20 AM   #2
84LX89GT
Mustangs

I know the simplest suspension system is one that works off of the stock mounting locations rather than say, a ladder bar coil over rear suspension. Do you want to be able to adjust the rear suspension? From what i hear the best suspension that retains the stock mounting locations is adjustable aluminum upper and lower control arms with solid bushings, drag springs (with the air bag in the right rear) that have different values for the rear springs, for example the right rear springs is stiffer than the left rear under load which distributes the weight more evenly to the otherside improving traction and weight transfer because mustangs tend to transfer alot of weight to the right rear under hard acceleration. Also an adjustable rear sway bar (forget who makes it) can be adjusted to make it really stiff in the rear to help keep the weight evenly distributed through the suspension. Also 90/10 valved front struts along with drag springs lift really quickly and 40/60 valved rear shocks help control the suspension very well under drag launches. Good luck, i hope this was helpful.

------------------
previous name: 84stangLX
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
my LX
'89 Mustang GT
my GT

84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 09:44 AM   #3
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

1. Drag Slicks!!!

2. Upper and Lower control arms.

3. Drag Slicks!!!
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 10:52 AM   #4
Phantom5oh
Registered Member

Maximum Motorsports makes adjustable sway bars. They make front and rear adjustable if you want them. Check out their site at: www.maximummotorsports.com they make all kinds of cool stuff for stangs, thats what they specialize in is stang suspensions so they know their stuff. Thats what I use on my car and it works pissa. If your gonna buy their stuff check out laurel mountain mustangs, cause they are cheaper for MM stuff. I think they are www.laurelmountainmustang.com its worth a look.

Phantom

------------------
CHECK OUT MY MODS

http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/...splay.cgi?1350

Loose Cannon Racing
Scarzi Machine Works
Phantom5oh is offline   Reply With Quote