View Single Post
Old 02-03-2002, 03:21 AM   #1
bosco
Registered Member

Unhappy HELP!!! oil in intake, what to do??

Ok, fisrt off, I have a carburetor on my car, just to let you know what we are working with, and my pcv system is not hooked up. Ok here we go, back in june i believe, i rebuilt my motor, striped it down, put it back together, new pistons, new heads cam, lifters so on.... when I put it back together, after the breakin period, it still smoked. I coundnt remember if i put sealer on the intake gasket, so i took the intake off, noticed oil in the intake, so i sealed it, put back together,....no good. I have the world product windsor jr heads, and the rocker stud holes are drilled all the way to the intake port, so i figured this must not be sealed all the way, i took the rocker studs off, sealed them, put them back together, still no good, so by now, frustrated, it has to be either valve stem seals, or rings, so i pull the motor again,and still noticed a little oil in the intake manifold, but I redo the rings and valve stem seals, very carefuly, i put the motorback together. well this was 2 or 3 months ago, and it still smokes, not as bad, i think when i put it together the first time, it was a combination of these things, so its not as bad now but still does, WTF????? what do i do, am i not sealing the studs right? does anyone else have this porb, or these heads? i really appretiate the help, this has been bugging me for quite some time, it would be nice to get it fixed, if you need more info, or i left anyhting out, let me know, ill be glad to fill in the gaps if any
'87 coupe, 308, world product windsor jr. heads, comp cams 220@.050/.512 @110 deg., roller cam,crane full roller rockers, 4bbl 600cfm holly carb,1 inch spacer, wiend aluminum intake, pullies, msd distributer/ignition, 1 5/8 bbk shorties, off road h-pipe 2 chamber flows, 3.73 posi rear end, P.S.T control arms, steeda tri-ax shifter, t-5, auto meter guages, and more to come (hopefully )
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote