MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Poll: Which route should I take?? Smooth yet OK handling
Poll Options
Which route should I take?? Smooth yet OK handling

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2002, 07:28 PM   #1
rel3rd
BarneyCar Pilot

Question Suspension ?--Bullitt, Eibach, Stock, or COMBO???

I have a situation with my newest toy, a 94 GT. I loved the way it rode with the stock springs and shocks/struts. I swapped in some Eibach Pro-Kit coil springs which lowered the car about 1-1/2 inches. Yes, it looks a lot better and handles better too, but it also rides a bit firmer. I think that the stock struts/shocks cannot control the new higher rate springs. If I hit a big dip in the road, the rear of the car bounces up and down a pretty good amount, almost like it's bottoming out, without actually bottoming out, if that makes sense. Today, I purchased a new, un-used "Bullitt" suspension, which has the coil springs, as well as a set of Ford (Tokico) non adjustable shocks and struts. I have a very minimal amount invested in both the Eibach springs, and the complete "Bullitt" suspension, so if I mixed and matched, I really am not out a lot of money at all. The problem I have is I would like my "nice" ride back, with maybe a little better than stock, handling. Another item in the equation is my back. I've missed roughly 30 weeks of work in the last 2-1/2 years and an extra firm ride is not the smartest thing for me to have. I'm at a loss as to what to do with the selection of parts that I have. I'm leaning towards using stock springs and the "Bullitt" shocks and struts....Opinions????

Cosmetically, there isn't a great deal of difference, I guess...
Here is a profile with stock everything:

and here is with the Eibachs:

Thanks, Bob