MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-18-2001, 07:13 AM   #1
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Post When moving solenoid to the trunk with battery... Help Please

Do you just extend the 3 wires that have the washer type ends that connect to the relay and put new ends on them? I have relocated a good portion to the fenderwells and was wonderign what to do about this. The battery is being moved to the trunk along with the soleniod and a saftey switch is being added. I was told that I need to run the power wire from the Alternator to the Saftey switch to be legal, is that true? I have never heard anybody say that before and haven't looked in my NHRA book yet

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension,S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon!
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2001, 07:36 AM   #2
Greasy Carl
Registered Member

Yes, just extend those wires to the back of the car, I usually get some wire loom and make a long harness that goes all the way back. My car has an aeromotive fuel system and I have the solenoid mounted where the factory fule filter mounting plate was...it works out perfect, you can use the same bolts that you used on the filter plate and everything.

You don't want the alternator wire running to the cut off switch because all of your accessories are going to get power there, I ran mine directly to the battery.

As long as your switch cuts off all the electrical items in your car you are NHRA legal.

I recommend the Flaming river cut-off switch...it is very nice even though it is expensive.

Hope this helps!

------------------
91 coupe, SVO block 380 windsor, Brodix Neal heads, Super victor spyder intake, 90mm Accufab, 160 lb. Bosch injectors, D2-R procharger, Dynamic powerglide, 4500 stall, 9" rear, Speed Pro injection. 1047 hp at the wheels on Dynojet dyno with 23 lbs. of boost.
Greasy Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2001, 07:51 AM   #3
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Thanks for the quick response Carl. Man by the looks in your sig you sure do have a beast in the garage, 1047 RWHP. How do you like the Procharger and did you have any experience with any other brand? I was looking at going to a D1-R intercooled in teh next year or so.
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote