MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-25-2002, 10:13 AM   #1
BilLster
Registered Member

Default when it rains it pours.

Well had Monday off so i was going to help a friend finish off his engine all that is left is finnal assembely but wait we have to check push rod length . he has a 84 351w block and my old e7 heads with 2-3 full sets of diffrent length stock 351 push rods around i figured we could find out rod length and pick up a set wrong . first off he was late so i figure good time for mantience check on my car.

#1 cluch fan siezed pusher working good.
#2 o2 sensors a little old so time to replace .drivers side no problem passenger side rips bung right off . ( I cant weld myself i kinda melt things togetter) brazed some steel over hole for now untill i can get a shop to fix it or get a new pipe.
#3 oil pan seal looks like its leaking right into the tranny (good thing the new clutch p plate and flywheel are still in the garage.(nhra legal mind you)
#4 battery test and its basically dying
#5 other half was watching all this no money for car.
#6 washed k&n no oil to put it back in .
#7 Wife wants to race this year my car.

#8 Friend comes over complains about not being able to finish his motor brought new head gaskets and such cant understand why we have to check pushrods just use the old ones right. im almost tempted to let him do it right now . i have to fix my car so i dont have the time i was going to buy an adjustable push rod cause i havent sat down and tried to work out the diffrence from the smog heads to the e7's .

#9 tired and my car sounds like crap.

#10 my kids are off of school tommorow so i have no free time for the car , but that doesnt matter cause i love my boy's maybe they will sit still and watch Dad work on the car and not listen to what Dad say's. Fat chance with this weather.

#11 Friend wants his new engine together but cant understand why we use a torque wrench (at least he got ride of his sunfire "GT"_)

so that was my day off .
Old 06-25-2002, 10:34 AM   #2
PKRWUD

Hey Man, I'll tell you what: That was June 24, 2002. It will NEVER BE THAT DAY AGAIN!!! So cheer up. It has to get better!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote