MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-04-2001, 12:03 PM   #1
jerryIII

Wink when your putting your engine together, remember to.....

Install the fukin intake gaskets with the 'head side' toward the heads, or your engine will give you iradic temps and overheating problems....

and also remember to install the fukin pilot bushing for the trans, or your tranny will blow the front seal and the clutch will chatter at take off..

then you'll get to do it all over again, just thought i'd share some some experiences.

------------------
Black,84 GT,ground effects,shorty headers, 'open' dual exh.,302 HO(no pollution control crap)bored .060, 10.5" clutch, T5,89 ported heads, edelbrock Performer manifold, Edelbrock 2122 cam, 600 Holley, high volume oil pump, front P235/60/R15's, rear P245/60/R15's.....

Some day (3:73 gears & N2O)!!!

will this ever end????
Old 09-04-2001, 12:53 PM   #2
PKRWUD

Sounds like someone pissed in your Cheerios. Sorry to hear it man!

Several years ago my buddy and I put together a 302 and dropped it into a '64 Ranchero. The last day we worked on it, I put the carb together, and he took care of the cooling system. We got two blocks and it crapped out. Just ran out of fuel. Since I built the carb, I got the blame, but I knew the carb was good. To make a long story short, my buddy forgot to torque down the cam gear, and the bolt backed off just enough to allow the fuel pump eccentric to loosen, which stopped driving the pump. Pisser.

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: