Thread: Auto or Stick?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2002, 07:01 PM   #10
Sonics2042
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MadOnion
I might just......
Its to bad I don't know anyone with a stick shift. I just hope it doesn't turn out I hate using it ( If I do get a stick.)

BTW, do you think a 5.0 with snow tires will go in the snow, or am I better off buying a junker for the winter. I'm on a buget, so I would like to just use the stang, but I might have to go with a winter car.
I don't know anyone that has a stick and would rather have a manual...Even my mom wish her new VW had a stick, and she' very conservative with cars.

HOw much snow are we talking about... Stangs are definately not made for the snow. But most cheap cars aren't. Snow = bearable, ice = death... I was driving once, and while i was driving it went from hail to snow...creating a layer of ice under the snow.

I went down a hill, and steering didn't affect the car . Luckily I stopped before the ditch. Reverse was much more affective... Parked car and walked about 2 miles home in the snow w/ sandals. Very random story, but thought I would throw it out there. Point is, stangs suck in snow and are ok in rain.

Where are you located?

Thanks,
DoranW
[MAC Cold Air Intake]-[BBK Equal Shorties]
[3.55 Gears]-[Cobra Intake Manifold (Upper and Lower]
[E-303 Cam]-[Granetelli Mass Air Flow Sensor]
[Front and rear sway bars]-[New black carpet and seats.]
[Adjustable Fuel Regulator]-[T5 Conversion w/ K. Cobra Clutch/Hurst STS]
[Cobra Throttle Body]-[130A Alt. Conversion]

Thinking about:
Aftermarket Heads!
Vortech A-Trim