MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-19-2001, 10:05 AM   #1
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Post who here has the fastest stock head and cam AOD?

trying to see my potential when i find some traction, wont be able to afford heads or a cam for a while so let em fly, ported stockers don't count, anything else goes-slicks,1.7's, drag suspension, stall converter, but im looking only at AOD's and at NA numbers, although i am thinking about getting some nitrous this summer, low 13's possible for some of you guys?

------------------
88 Notchback 5.0, 3.73's, Explorer intake, pulleys, Crane 1.7's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframe connectors, 65mm TB, shift kit, March ram air kit, motorsport wires, MSD coil, upper and lower control arms, 155lph fuel pump, cheap 2800 stall, Crane Adj.FPR, best time- 13.99@99.75, not yet tested times after rocker and intake install
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 01:45 PM   #2
FivepointOH
Registered Member

My 14.2 own you all!!! Seriously though, i'm pretty sure I saw somone on here running mid-low 13's(13.4 i think) with aod with stock heads/cam....

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 03:45 PM   #3
Killercanary
Registered Member

Look I know you said only AOD's, but this is the third time I read this post and just had to reply. My car is stock headed, stock cammed, stock MAF, injectors, fuel pump, etc. I run 13.8's at 98.55mph. Corrected for sea level these times are roughly 13.6 at 99mph. Now, I know I have a 5 speed, but my car is EXTREMELY heavy- at E-town it weighed 3803 with me on a 97.2mph run. The lightest I ever had it was 3510lbs without me (and it was pretty much stripped)- or 3680 with me. It usually weighs in the mid 3700lb range. I had it dyno'd, but the numbers were WAY low because it was done in 3rd gear, but corrected from my torque curve and for the 1:1 ratio of 4th gear it came out to ~235 at the rear wheels. So, in a lighter fox bodied car with a good torque converter and shift kit with say 4:10's, mid to low 13's should be achieveable. Hope this helps.

------------------
95 GT convt' 5 speed, 3.73's,FMS HD clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, ASP alum. underdrive pulleys, Bassani offroad X pipe, 2 chmbr flowmasters, K&N w/o silencer, edelbrock performer intake, FRPP 65mm T-body, FRPP shorty headers, FRPP aluminum driveshaft.Hooker 4pt chrome car bar, Xenon/Wings West ground effects, custom interior
Best ET: 13.83
Best MPH: 98.55mph with Best 60': 1.91 on Nitto DR's
Homepage: <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/killercanary" TARGET=_blank>http://www.angelfire

[This message has been edited by Killercanary (edited 03-19-2001).]
Killercanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 04:49 PM   #4
mspears
Registered Member

I've been a 14.1@98 with stock heads, rockers, cam, intake, throttle body, AOD with shift kit, stock converter. I do have exhaust and suspension mods with 4.10 gears.
mspears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 06:50 PM   #5
Spark Checker
Registered Member

Cool

OK I had a stock headed stang. Here in Las Vegas density altitude is about 5,200 feet. I ran with unported heads a best of 14.30's. I out ran simular 5 speed stangs. I out ran them on the track. We all run slicks. I ran 26 x 9 x 15's. I have a 28K P.I. non lockup stall converter. but last spring I added "Power heads" and then I ran here again 14.04. But at Arizona I ran a 13.93. The 60' times suck I have only run a 2.02. There appears to be AFR-165 in the winds, and a special cam in the works too. So if you need any info email me and I'll try to ask all your questions. My car has run at 6 different tracks in 3 states.

------------------
See my mustang at prime-fe2.lvcm.com/sparkckr/pineapple.html
Spark Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 07:24 AM   #6
Jeff Chambers

11.86@113.8 on stock heads (yeah right). I've got P heads, but they're unported and my cam is under .500". Do I count?

For all those AOD non-believers, I just made the T5 to AOD swap and picked up two tenths and more than 1/2 mph.

Long live the two pedals!

------------------
Jeff Chambers
Trophy Stock #3
11.86 Seconds / 113.8 MPH
Chambers Racing Team
Jeff Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 08:50 AM   #7
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

So does your car feel faster after the intake/rocker install Drew? I hope not. I won't be much faster than mid 13's I'm guessing. We'll have to line up together for our first runs after the mods. Sounds like it's gonna be a close one this time. Course, I may be faster than I think, but I doubt it.

------------------
Indiana Stangers Association
Buy your parts here
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 10:35 AM   #8
fiveohpatrol

yah i think if i can get traction (if i have my nitto's by then) then i'll be able to hit a 13.5 or .6, im not really even using what the stall converter can give me cause i idle it off the line, i'd bet you'll be a bit quicker than me, but dont guess too optimisticaly cause thats when you get disappointed after you see what you really ran, you'll still beat my a$$ though

------------------
88 Notchback 5.0, 3.73's, Explorer intake, pulleys, Crane 1.7's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframe connectors, 65mm TB, shift kit, March ram air kit, motorsport wires, MSD coil, upper and lower control arms, 155lph fuel pump, cheap 2800 stall, Crane Adj.FPR, best time- 13.99@99.75, not yet tested times after rocker and intake install
Old 03-20-2001, 11:10 AM   #9
stng87
Registered Member

High 12's with gt40p's but I suppose those dont as stock. But my tranny said "*** you" to me the other day and its getting rebuilt today. 2nd rebuild in 2 months.
stng87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 11:21 AM   #10
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I hope to have my rear end rebuit with 3.73's and new clutch packs by then too, and I may even be running some slicks so watch out!

You never said if your car felt any different after the last mod session? Did it make a difference?

I'll quit cluttering up your topic now =P

------------------
Indiana Stangers Association
Buy your parts here
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 03:28 PM   #11
fiveohpatrol

it pulled a little harder after the rockers, maybe .1-.15 better, the intake felt even a little stronger than that and pulled to a higher RPM as well, maybe another .2 better, i've also got slicks if i can get them to stop rubbing my tailpipes then you better watch out

------------------