MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-31-2001, 08:19 AM   #1
Coupe Devil

Post Lowering springs and Cobra R's

I found a set of use Eibach's for 75 bucks and a guy that wants to trade a set of cobra R's wiht new tires for a set of pony's. I have a set of ponys I would trade and and also like to lower the car. Will this work. And do I have to swap shocks and struts?

------------------
'93 lx notch 4 banger (drive it to work currently), 89' 4banger in prep for all out drag car. Using the 306, 8.8 posi, 4.10's, summit rear cover. Future Mods granatelli lift bars, bbk uppers, Flex-a-lite elec. fan, cowl hood, wieand stealth intake, holley 650 d.p., built c-4 or c-6, e-303, 10 inch wheels in the back with slicks, skinnies up front, pulleys, full autometer guages, msd box, mallory unilite dist, and coil, custom headers, rear seat delete, aftermarket front seats, roll cage
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 08:35 AM   #2
dinomite
The Dude

sounds good as long as the wheels look like they are in good shape. keep in mind that the springs make your car pretty low; i put FMS "b" springs on my 90 vert, and it scrapes the cats on high speed bumps, and the quoted drop from the FMS springs is less than that for eibach springs. they do make your stang handle amazing compared to stock, though. i'm not big on the looks department, but if its simply a trade, even i can't complain about that.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 06:41 PM   #3
BLOCKER
Registered Member

Yes you will need shocks, struts, and c c plates if you want to do it properly, you will also notice that the Rs will rub your a-arm when you crank your wheel all the way but it looks sweet! and handles awsome!

check out my ride in user rides to get a good look at what it may look like.

------------------
88 Stang GT Cobra
Every option but leather
10 speaker 440 watt system
Blue/Grey with grey interior
K&N air filter, black outs, & no air

BLOCKER is offline   Reply With Quote