Thread: Why nitrous
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2002, 08:10 PM   #5
Mike Souslin
Registered Member

I believe that there are several reasons that people choose to run nitrous oxide. Of course the first being the low cost of getting into it. I feel that the big plus is that you are only using the nitrous when you want it. Therefore the additional strain on your engine is only happening while racing, ect. Compare this to a blower or turbocharger. There is an increased load on the engine at all times. I would personally love to have a blower on my car but the cost is just too high for me right now. Instead I chose to build my motor with 11.1 compression and add nitrous (should be here this week!!!! As far a people saying that nitrous is cheating???????? I don't understand how getting down the track quicker is cheating. I feel that any power adder, nitrous, blower, turbo, is just that... a power adder. And the real beauty of the whole situation is this... It's your car, do what you want to it. If someone starts bitching at you for using a power adder, it's probably because you just beat them!
91 Coupe with fresh rebuild. Running Stage 2 Avenger heads (51cc chambers), Stage 2 cam (.549, .566)1.72 Crane Gold Race rockers, Port matched GT-40 upper & lower, 75mm Bullet MAF, 65mm Accufab TB, MSD 6AL, Long Tubes through off road and 2 chamber flowbastards. Stock T-5, 3.73 gears, Center Line Convo-Pros with skinnies up front. My baby is now bottle fed!!! Best time on the motor was 12.92 at 109.57.

UPDATE - Getting Ready to install: Tremec 3550, Blowproof Bellhousing, Strange Shocks/Struts, Moroso Springs, Upper/Lower control Arms, 31 spline axles and new differential. After this..... 347 heart transplant and Rollcage.
Mike Souslin is offline   Reply With Quote