MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-25-2002, 12:38 PM   #1
Coupe Devil

Default Wild Ported E7's

I have a 306 with mildly ported E7 heads. .030 forged stock top pistons and a factory cam. I plan on running this one season like it is. Nest winter I want to change heads, intake, and cam. I am thinking about the Victor style intake or and Air gap. I was also thinking about using the f cam or maybe a little bigger custom grind unit. I want to know what heads you would use. I have an extra set of stock E7's just sittin. I know I cna make them flow better that a gt-40. Keep in mind this is all on a budget. I was thinking mill the heads .030, bigger valves (not sure how big I can go yet), new double springs (probably crane) and 1.7 roller rockers. I can get the work done Extremely cheap. All I would have to buy is the rockers, springs and new valves.
What do you guys think. Better of this way or buying a set of USED aftermarket aluminums? Also which would be better, if aluminum, Trick Flow or AFR'S?

Thanks
Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 01:03 PM   #2
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Arrow

well I would go with the AFR's if you dont want to port them But you sound like you might, I would go with the TSF TW heads And Port them Should realy like those heads I have heard good things from them.
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote