MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-24-2001, 03:10 PM   #1
Nutty 5.0
Registered Member

Red face Those with Vortech's and aftermarket deep sump pans come inside...

Just bought a Canton T-style pan, and already have the S trim. The new pan should be here late this week. Is there a better (more leak proof) than the punching method?

Keep in mind the pan will have the hole put with the pan OFF the car. I didn't know if it's better to drill a hole and weld a bung on for the drain fitting or what.

Please help, as I would like a nice 100% leak-proof solution.

------------------
See my car HERE
93 GT Red/Grey
S trim, Edelbrock 6037 heads, E cam, BBK longtubes w/cats, 3 chamber Flowmasters, Cobra intake, Kirban fuel regulator, BBK 70mm t.b., 75mm Pro-M meter, 1.7 roller rockers, Mac upper and lower strut tower braces, FMS lowering springs, Factory Five upper and lower control arms, Speedware Cobra R 17X9 wheels, 3.73 gears & more.
DYNO=435.6 hp/405.1 tq at rear wheels.
Nutty 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 11:52 PM   #2
WADS56
gear banger

I have a canton pan. I just drilled a hole in it and threded the fiting in there with epoxy on the threds. It has never leaked yet and it will not come out.

------------------
347 W/ A-trim 6#'s, Canfield heads, out of the box Systemax II intake, solid roller cam. 11.1 @123mph 1.46 60FT

93lx 5.0 daily driver
MY CAR http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/...splay.cgi?1288
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 02:55 PM   #3
redrider
Registered Member

Do you already have the S Trim installed. I am getting a T trim soon and the only way I know is to use a punch with a rverse drill and magnet. I have a magnet from a pacemaker stuck to the bottom of my pan. It will grap any metal that comes near it and should keep u out of trouble if u instsll on the engine.

------------------
88 GT mass air conversion from 90lx, Cobra Intake(ported/polished lower),Edlebrock Aluminum Heads(ported/polished),24# injectors 70 mm BBK TB, 73mm C&L, Coast High 347 SB, Wolverine custom cam, 150 shot Nitrous, BBK 1 3/4 long tubes, BBK off road H pipe, Dynomax cat back, alum driveshaft w safety loop, Konis,Southside Bars w chromemoly torque boxes,AOD w lentech valve body, B&M MegaShifter, 4.10 with True Track locker, SVO springs, subs, cross drilled rotors,MSD A6 w ign retard, black magic fan
redrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 08:35 PM   #4
Nutty 5.0
Registered Member

Thanks guys. Very good ideas. Really like the magnet idea. One step better than just the magnetic drain plugs.

I will likely use both ideas.

Anyone else?

TTT...

------------------
See my car HERE
93 GT Red/Grey
S trim, Edelbrock 6037 heads, E cam, BBK longtubes w/cats, 3 chamber Flowmasters, Cobra intake, Kirban fuel regulator, BBK 70mm t.b., 75mm Pro-M meter, 1.7 roller rockers, Mac upper and lower strut tower braces, FMS lowering springs, Factory Five upper and lower control arms, Speedware Cobra R 17X9 wheels, 3.73 gears & more.
DYNO=435.6 hp/405.1 tq at rear wheels.
Nutty 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote