MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #1
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

Default window guide bushings

I have not posted for a number of years but I'm glad to be back on the best mustang site around.

I want to replace the window guide bushings in my 90 mustang GT w/ power windows since the windows have a lot of play in them. At highway speeds they are difficult to close and require using my free hand to jiggle them to get them up all the way. The loose windows also cause scratches to my window tint. I ordered 4 window guide bushings from latemodel resto, 2 for each window. After taking the door panel off, I see that there is a metal shaft that runs vertically near the center of the window and there are 2 guide bushings on the shaft. When I jiggle the window it seems that these bushing are the problem. How do I change them?
1990 GT,stock T-5,K&N w/o air silencer,March underdrives,FMS wires,timing@14*,PA Perf 130amp alt,Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter,Steeda adj quadrant/clutch cable/firewall adj,Centerforce II clutch,o/r x-pipe,Magnaflow SS catback,g-load brace, subframes,Bilstein struts/shocks,Autometer gauges, 136k and running strong!
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: