MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-09-2002, 11:33 AM   #1
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Default Winter storage suggestions & New best ET time from last weekend

Well, we are just starting to get our first frosts and I'm worried about storing my Stang. Last year, I left it in a unheated stone garage with stone floors and walls and when we pulled the engine this spring my builder noticed quite a bit of condensation and wheat eventually would become rust. I was hoping that I could find a heated garage for the winter but no luck. So now I'm down to either getting on of those "bubble" garages that zip up or finding a unheated garage. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to store the car or to decrease the amount of condensation inside the engine?? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

BTW-Last weekend I went to the strip and ran a 12.68, which is my best time ever . My engine builder came with me and he noticed that I lifted the left front wheel off the ground too! I'm pretty happy and I'll post the timeslip as soon as I can get my home email working again

Engine is a 1969 351 block w/393 stroker kit. Dynamic Roller Myte C4, 8 pt cage. Edlebrock Performer heads and Victor Jr. EFI, FRPP 30lb injectors & Cartech fuel system. MSD ignition. Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, adj. upper's, 3.73's, Koni rear shocks, much more
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 11:59 AM   #2
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

You're getting those ET's down - nice! Make sure to post the timeslip - I'm interested in seeing all the details of the run. With that 393 beast, you should be able to go even quicker/faster - no problem.

Congrats on the new personal best.

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 01:23 PM   #3
Simi Stang

Default best ET

Sorry I can't help you with the winter storage tips. I'm in So.Cal. and luckily I don't have to deal with "real" winters. I think last year So.Cal. actually skipped the winter season. That's a nice improvement on your ET though. Right on!
Old 10-09-2002, 01:44 PM   #4
Mustang_289
Registered Member

Awesome time dude! Noticed you've got a 351 block stroked. How tough was it to drop into the fox body?
Mustang_289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 06:19 PM   #5
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Thanks for all the nice words guys. I appreciate that.

As far as how hard it was to drop it in.....well....let's just say we spent a few nights up to 3 am playing around with it. I've had it in and out now about 15 times. It took us a while the first time because the shorty headers were hitting the manual rack, so I switched back to the pwr steering and still had to shim the engine mounts with some washers. But it was all worth it. Plus, we didn't have much space so we put the tranny and engine in as one unit, which made things a little more difficult until we got the hang of it. I'll post my timeslips ASAP. I tried a few days ago but all it did was lock up my PC. Thanks again!
Engine is a 1969 351 block w/393 stroker kit. Dynamic Roller Myte C4, 8 pt cage. Edlebrock Performer heads and Victor Jr. EFI, FRPP 30lb injectors & Cartech fuel system. MSD ignition. Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, adj. upper's, 3.73's, Koni rear shocks, much more
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote