MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-27-2001, 08:57 AM   #1
racer_inma
Registered Member

Question Wiper problem

HI,i have 1990 gt , and well when i bought the car i negglected to check the wipers, they work alright but only on fast, and when i shut them off they stop anywhere on the windshield, after 2 yrs i've gotten good at shutting the wiper switch just when the wipers go down, but once again, i do NOt have delay or slow wipeing mode...i'm mechanically incline (bodyman) but hey i know it's not the wiper motor, cause i replaced it, i also replaced the wiper switch with a new ford part, and checked fuses, i even took it to the dealer and they said to leave the car there for a week, and still after 5 days nothing was found. can anyone help me? i'll try anything. e-mail me here or at elnenemalo@migente.com

CHEVYGUY, i tried taking the plastic cover off the wiper motor i hit it, and nothing still. I spoke to a biddy of mine and he said to check the wiper governor? does anyone have an idea, if this could be it, or if this wiper governor even exists?
and MIRACLEMAX, i tryed plying with the wiper motor contacts, and had no luck..
------------------

[This message has been edited by racer_inma (edited 03-28-2001).]

racer_inma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 03:13 PM   #2
Chevyguy
Backyard Mechanic/Chemist

Lightbulb

I have a 90 LX notch that had the exact same problem. I got 3 responses that it was a stuck wiper motor. I turned the wipers to the low setting in the middle of the cycle, then started banging the motor, after a few blows it started moving! Now I have low speed and delay
Does not make any sence at all, but certianly worked. If you installed a used wiper motor it could have been bad too, this appears to be a common problem. If a new or rebuilt one, ?????? Just defective. My 90 already had a rebuilt wiper motor installed before 100k since I spotted a sticker on the motor.

------------------
Frank W
90 5.0 LX coupe Daily driver. Silencer removed, K&N filter. Flexalite fan, 3 core radiator. FMS flywheel and Clutch Finally rebuilt T-5.

74 Chevy Laguna Type S-3 305 apart in garage, getting a 454 to put next to it
www.chevellepages.com/folingo

Chevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 04:15 PM   #3
Green92LX
Registered Member

I'm not starting trouble here, but I have a question for you Chevyguy:

How can you own a 90 coupe and a 74 Laguna???

Do you have a split personality????

I'm not being a prick, but they are extremes here. I just wanted to know your thinking here. The biggest reason I ask is because this idiot virgin-for-ever supposive friend of mine has a 78 442 Hatchback 4 spd car (the ugliest thing ever created) that he would die for...I think you to should meet, cause I just don't get it

------------------
1992 LX:V-1 S-Trim ,Edelbrock 6037 Heads,Cobra Intake,E-303,1.6 Rollers,65MM Holley TB, 75 MM Pro M Mass Air, 190 LPH FP,24 lb injectors,MSD 6A and BTM,BBK equal length shorties,offroad h-pipe,Mac Flowpath Mufflers,Pro 5.0, 3.73's,Motorsport "C" springs,welded subframe connectors,Ponies w/ 225/50 Nitto NT 450's on front,255/50 BFG Drags out back,93 Cobra Spoiler
Daily driver 89 Coupe:BBK shorties,offroad,flowturds with dumps,soon to be cyber green
Green92LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 05:13 PM   #4
Chevyguy
Backyard Mechanic/Chemist

I started out with a 73 Malibu back in 89. Back when I was in High school, everyone had the 73-77 chevelles as they were 10 years old or less back then So after I graduated from College I got a nice 73 project car. After driving it for 2 years, I bought a brand new 91 LX 5.0 Hatch Dark Emerald Green with titanium leather and factory moonroof. That was a sweet ride the first year for the pony rims, but it got stolen twice, never to be seen again the second time. The 73 rusted away. So then I get the 74 Laguna. This car is a castaway even to the Chevelle crowd, but I like it, drives real nice etc. I bought the 90 just for a driver, but it is growing on me, and runs real nice. If I had a more accepted Chevy I probably would not drive a Ford, but I dare to be different
I had the 73 and the 91 on the road the same time and liked moving from a 5 speed to a auto from time to time, I'll have the 74 running again this summer and hope to have the same setup.

------------------
Frank W
90 5.0 LX coupe Daily driver. Silencer removed, K&N filter. Flexalite fan, 3 core radiator. FMS flywheel and Clutch Finally rebuilt T-5.

74 Chevy Laguna Type S-3 305 apart in garage, getting a 454 to put next to it
www.chevellepages.com/folingo

Chevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 09:44 PM   #5
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Pull the cover off of the plastic case and inspect the switch plate. It has some contacts if I remeber correctly that lose tension and the wiper motor acts irratically. Try pressing on them to restore contact and give the wipers a try?

I had the same problem with my wiper motor, I got a rebuilt one from Pep Boys and had the same problem again. The second time I just pulled the plastic cover and messed with the plate switch and hadn't had a problem since (about 6 years now)
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote