MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-11-2001, 09:25 PM   #1
IBStanged87
Registered Member

Post Wiring up MSD 2 stage w/Lentech valvebody and electric o/d

I am trying to wire up a MSD 2 step on my AOD which has a lentech valvebody and converter. And I wired it just like MSD said to in the instructions but when you put on the transbrake and bring it up to the limiter it will not stutter but if you are pulling out and stomp on the gas it will stutter on the low side back assards I say. I can not find any thing in my paperwork from Lentech on how to wire in a 2 step. But I do remember something from talking to Len on the phone about the 2 step wiring any help would be appreciated. Please no smart a$$ one's. Email me at ibstanged87@hotmail.com with any help.

------------------
RICHARD MARKLAND
IBStanged87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 06:53 AM   #2
Jeff Chambers

The Lentech transbrake actually works off the ground circuit (to activate the transbrake you are grounding out the circuit). Therefore to power the 2-step you'll need to wire in a Bosch relay so that when the transbrake is grounded, the contact closes and powers the two-step. Its not real complicated, but call Lentech back and have them fax you the wiring schematic. Its shown in my Owner's manual that came with my Lentech. I'm going to have to do the same with mine to activate the timing retard when I get around to installing it.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
Trophy Stock #3
11.86 Seconds / 113.8 MPH
Chambers Racing Team
Jeff Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 06:21 PM   #3
IBStanged87
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Thanks Jeff. I found my wiring diagram book this morning and have it hooked up and ready to race tomorrow night. Thanks a lot Richard
IBStanged87 is offline   Reply With Quote