MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-16-2006, 09:35 AM   #1
87TtopMan
Registered Member

Default WTF is up with my pcv valve setup???

I dont have a PCV VALVE at all that I can tell. I have pulled out this one big hose that goes to the Grommet and under the Grommet is the Breather filter.

But wait isn't there suppose to be a PCV VALVE in the Grommet not just a big hose? I bought all the parts Pcv Grommet, Pcv Breather filter and a Pcv Valve.

Well what in the hell did they do with the Pcv Valve that fits in the Grommet? What do I do now since there is only one larger hose ending in the Grommet? Does anyone know where the smaller hoses that it seems the Pcv Valve should have connected to it? Cause at this point I have no idea since I have never seen a proper pcv valve setup.

Last but not least I am thinking this could be the quart of oil consumption problem I have every two weeks.

Thanks, Donovan

Looking for GT40 or GT40P heads
Mods bought but not installed, GT40 Intake, 65mm TB/EGR spacer, 24lb injectors, MAF conversion, Adjustable Fuel regulator
87TtopMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:12 PM   #2
87TtopMan
Registered Member

Default Re: WTF is up with my pcv valve setup???

No one knows about this? Come on guys I have looked it up and can't find out what it looks like and the rest of the lines where they go. If anyone knows which I am sure alot of you do please refer me to whats up.

Mods bought but not installed, GT40 Intake, 65mm TB/EGR spacer, 24lb injectors, MAF conversion, Adjustable Fuel regulator
Old 09-16-2006, 10:41 PM   #3
The_Methodist
Registered Member

The description of the problem is a bit ambiguous. Which valve and where are you taliking about? On the intake? Part of the emissions stuff? Valve cover? What?
The_Methodist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 03:19 AM   #4
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Typically once the wire screen ( Under the gromet ) gunks up it will suck oil into the intake.

I would assume without any screen or PCV valve it was doing the same thing..

Im betting someone used a larger hose to jam into the hole. Go getcha a smaller hose. Its probably loose on the intake side aswell.

From intake, Hose>PCV valve>Grommet>wire mesh thingy.

Once you take out the grommet, I use a long wood screw to get the screen out and clean/replace.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:48 AM   #5
87TtopMan
Registered Member

Thanks Frank, I bought a hose that fits the Pcv valve lower hole does the top one have anything going to it or just cap it off? They had left the screen in there but just dont have a pcv valve. The big hose I am trying to see where it goes but its hard to see back there. I dont think I can fix this without taking the intake top off. I have never really did any work to the engine or for that matter even the top half like valve covers, intake and such. If I take the top half intake off I bet I need a replacement gasket as well. I don't want to pull the intake off and mess anything up cause all the hoses are old as dirt and seem like they will just fall apart then I will have even a bigger mess. I don't have a real good diagram of where all the hoses go so if something pops off and I didn't see it I'll be screwed.

Old 09-17-2006, 06:48 PM   #6
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

From the drivers side you can reach blindly and pull out the grommet and screen, ( Use long woodscrew or dental pick.) Reverse to install.

Theres a vacum port under the upper intake. Follow the hose back too it, or reach up under the upper intake and feel for it.

You should be able to pull off the top plastic piece from the PCV valve. My hose pluggs straight down onto the valve. The plastic "two" port piece you don't need. You can cap it if you want. I take mine because the it works better witout it, hole bigger.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ld-vt5022.html

ITs not that bad of job just hard to see. Find some shade, get a ice cold pepsi and have at it.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:52 AM   #7
87TtopMan
Registered Member

Thanks again, After reading that I went right out side and found that the end of the big hose was more then just that. The pcv valve was inside of it, it was all black so thats why I couldnt tell since its also hard to see back there. So I pulled it out and it rattles so I think its still good from what other post say. But I replaced it anyways after figuring out that you can just pull the top off the new one.

This hose runs to the front of the intake which I thought should have been in the back of the intake. It runs right between the valve cover and runner end of the intake. Seems like that would be bad for the hose and make the hose very hot.

Thanks for taking the time to respond it was very helpful since I couldn't find any real info like this in other "HELP Pcv problem" threads.