MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-15-2002, 11:35 PM   #1
gtsr515
Registered Member

Talking www.mustangworks.com

Ya know, I'm sittin' here thinkin' I should be at the 12 hours of Sebring right now, (I live in Sebring, work for Skip Barber), but I can see more on the SPEEDCHANNEL later, and this is absolutely the BEST MUSTANG SITE.......PERIOD, I used to be a "Corral" devotee, I will admit there are some big dogs on there, but a post gets buried in 10 minutes, I just love this site.

YOU ARE ALL MUSTANG GODS!

(Have you inhaled a vette lately?) I have!!! GO MUSTANG!!!!!!!!
or should I say MUSTANGS go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2002, 11:37 PM   #2
exgmguy
Registered Member

I do like this site better than the Corral. Must be for a reason.
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 10:25 AM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Red face Aw Shucks...

gtsr515:

Thanks for the compliment, we appreciate it.

Dan McClain and all the moderators have worked hard to develop a solid core of Mustang fans within a website and forums where we can discuss things and actually help each other...even newbies

We don't tolerate flames and we don't entertain fools so we don't have the tidal wave of posts that other sites may have, but we're a lot more useful as well as cordial to our members and we try to keep threads on topic and avoid stupid arguments, whenever possible.

It's worked well for many years . We're up to 18,000 members and a healthy but manageable number of daily postings so we're pleased. We're also very appreciative of members who enjoy the website as much as us Mustang Works 'veterans' still do.

Thanks to everyone for your positive comments.
Old 03-16-2002, 11:26 AM   #4
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

I agree, This is the best in my opinion! The Corral is ok, but you're right about losing posts fast! I've never been to any other site. Don't ever plan to, either!
Old 03-16-2002, 11:55 AM   #5
fordkid68
Registered Member

yea this is by fare the best mustang site. I'LL have to admit it took me awhile to find it and I had allmost given up on looking cause all the other mustang sites just didn't seem dedicated to mustangs for some reason.but I am glad I didn't give up to soon.

keep up the good work.

ford kid
fordkid68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 12:10 PM   #6
shadowblue89
Registered Member

I have to agree also. Even though I don't go out on the web as much as i used to. This is still the ONLY mustang site I visit unless i am looking in the parts for sale.

89 GT 5spd
shadowblue89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 03:11 PM   #7
mean81GT
Registered Member

i have to agree with everyone that this is the best MUSTANG site, but in my case, i need alot of turbo advice, and for that i have to go elsewhere.
Old 03-16-2002, 03:26 PM   #8
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Mustangworks #1

Just like my high school English teacher used to say:

Its not quantity, its quality!

Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 09:42 AM   #9
drudis

Ditto!

When I want a _real_ answer, I post here. Thanks guys!
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 01:32 AM   #10
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Mustangworks is hands down my favorite mustang site PERIOD. In fact Mustangworks is my start page on my browser . People here are friendly, helpful and the moderators do an awesome job sorting things about and ending flame wars. I never have found that on any other mustang site and that's why i like this site. I'd consider this more of a mustang community than just a mustang web site.

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 07:32 PM   #11
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Everyone is right in saying that it is the best Mustang site on the net period. But it's also great site all around.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 03:43 PM   #12
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

MustangWorks was the first mustang site I joined, I really like the users here.

That being said, I did start my own site, and I spend most of my time on there

I am a 98% Corral user. If you need help quickly there are always about 800 users that will give you a hand. Yes the posts go quick, but you just have to keep up. The technical information on Corral is amazing, if you have a problem and search their board, you usually find an answer. Allot of the time I do not even need to post to find a answer. They are also growing at an amazing pace, they will have over 30,000 users very soon.

Now my opinion:

Why the heck do the sites compete with others. I think it is very dumb! Each site has its uses and special features. I think anyone that says they do not browse other site is full of ****. I hate when users on one board bad mouth another board, yes it is ok to say you like one better then the other, but comments like "Mustangworld sucks!" or "MustangWorks is ugly" really bugs me! I always make a point of asking that user why they feel that way?

I have learned more from the Corral during the winter then I learned in one year browsing other sites.

Now, all of this is my opinion, and mine alone! I visit every Mustang site every day, and I use Corral for about 1-2 hrs. You also must put yourself in my shoes, I just started a new site, and I need new members, how do you get members? By posting your *** off on the busiest board on the net!

Cheers,

My WebSites:
VortechPower.com - Brand new site for Vortech users!
NOVIPOWER.COM - Devoted to the performance of the NOVI supercharger
STANGPOWER.COM - A small community based in Canada for Mustangs
MORE WebSites Coming soon

PLEASE NOTE: I am not an affiliate (nor do I work for) any Mustang parts retailers - I create informational Mustang WebSites
88COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 04:32 PM   #13
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

88COBRA:

My response is simple: quality vs quanity.

Corral and the other sites do have a lot of members for what that's worth but a frantically- paced board system with a ton of flames and arguments and useless posts to wade through before finding something useful doesn't work well for everyone, which is why we have various Mustang websites. No one-size-fits-all, which is why we have dozens of car companies out there too, making similar vehicles but each with it's own advantages and following. It's freedom of choice and the free market at work.

You said that you post like crazy on Corral mostly to advertise your own site. A bit of self-interest there that seems to contradict your assertion that the various Mustang websites shouldn't compete with each other.

You are, and you use other site's message boards to advertise your own site. At least you're up front about it but still, you're offering the public yet another Mustang website and you claim that they all should join together. Doesn't make sense to me.

Mustang Works offers a variety of features including a Female Mustanger section hosted by Nicolle Douglas. We believe we have a fun, friendly, useful and informative website but we also realize that we aren't the only game in town. That's fine, as long as we get our share of the Mustang owners to visit and participate with us, we're pleased, although we naturally believe we're superior to the other, bigger and more frantic 'Stang sites.

Good luck with your site but please don't post here just to gain free advertising. That's tacky and we don't appreciate it, as you can imagine.

Thanks for the comments.
Old 03-19-2002, 07:11 PM   #14
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

Mr 5.0:

As usual a very well written response.

I am sorry if I was not clear. I do not post topics such as "Come visit STANGPOWER.COM!!" or anything like that. I post and reply to any topics where I feel my thoughts or opinions belong. I do not post in threads I do not know about just to advertise. I only advertise by my signature. Maybe some users will see my sig and feel like joining my site to ask me questions, follow the progress of my car ect... I also organize group purchases for Corral members which link to my site, I tried to post on some other sites (such as Mustang Works) and my thread was deleted, my concerns ignored. That made me quite angry, as you may or may not know, to organize GPs you have to make no money, and you must have nothing to gain. I feel GPs are just a great way for my fellow stangers to get great deals. Some mustang sites, Mustang Works was not the only one, frown upon this. Corral welcomes them with open arms, and so I take allot of my posts over there.

As for my site, I completely understand your point of view. I just said above that we have too many stang sites, but yet I start my own?? Well the original purpose of my site was to host the message board for my local Mustang club. That grew into a little Canadian site, now it is a world wide site, and I am working on it all the time. The hits are climbing, the sponsors are just pooring in, and quite honestly it makes me feel good I am only 20 years old, and I have a website that gets 7000 hits a day, and I have BIG companies calling me asking if I would like to review their products. My site will grow, and continue to grow, will I be as big as Corral, or Mustang Works? NO way! I am very late in the game, but I am honestly doing it for the learning experience and as I said I really enjoy it.

Back to the Corral for a minute. I understand that you really have to keep up with that board. On MustangWorks I can actually get a drink before my topic is on the 5th page. In my experience, even though your topic is on the 5th page, there have been at least 5-10 replies. I personally really like that. I like the fast paced environment of the Corral. The flames have really died down in the last couple of months. The moderators are doing a very good job!

As you said, there is no one mustang site. As I stated I visit every mustang site every day. I feel that we should all get along. I should be able to link to MustangWorks, and MustangWorks should be able to link to Corral. I replied to a post today on Corral because I felt I could help. I came over to MustangWorks to use the Fuel System analyzer and I pasted the results. At the end of the thread I said "Thanks to Mustang Works" Well let me tell you, I received 5 e-mails telling me not to do that, I mean that is just dumb. And one of the members replied with "The MustangWorks fuel analyzer sucks" As I said comments like that make me mad! If you do not like it, just reply with that, there is no need to knock the site.

All this being said, will I leave MustangWorks? NO, I enjoy it here, yes I spend most of my time over at Corral, but who cares?

As Jack said in Mars attacks:

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!

My WebSites:
VortechPower.com - Brand new site for Vortech users!
NOVIPOWER.COM - Devoted to the performance of the NOVI supercharger
STANGPOWER.COM - A small community based in Canada for Mustangs
MORE WebSites Coming soon

PLEASE NOTE: I am not an affiliate (nor do I work for) any Mustang parts retailers - I create informational Mustang WebSites
88COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote