View Single Post
Old 11-09-2003, 11:31 AM   #16
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

Quote:
Originally posted by HotRoddin
I'm not saying they aren't Hot Rodders ... I'm not saying there is anything wrong with power adders ... what i am saying is, if to you or anybody else, an 11.00 is an 11.00 reguardless of how you get there, then in my humble opinion you are missing the point to hot rodding.
If all you care about is how fast you go and not how you do it ... then just strap a JATO rocket pak to your trunk and have a field day.
See my exact point is it ISN'T about what takes you there, it's about how your car performs. I don't find 13 second cars to be all that exciting...even though a large majority of street cars won't even run 13's. The same effect can be applied for any car...I don't anyone's car is "better" if they run 11.0's all motor versus with a power adder. They just simply chose a different path. If I had put all of my money into just the engine instead of trying to add a supercharger I could be running close to the same times, but that's not what I wanted to do. People using innovative new ideas and turning the times is what the sport is about. Innovative failures are opportunities to learn and improve. You wouldn't be the least bit curious if you saw a car with a JATO rocket pack strapped to the trunk?

Mods Pics
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote