View Single Post
Old 09-29-2003, 01:07 PM   #1
Simi Stang

Default Yet another tranny fluid ??

I know we've covered this subject before...but I had to post on it again just to make sure my stang is ok. It's been a while since I've changed my tranny fluid...so I don't recall from the last fluid change. But this time it only took about 2 & a 1/2 quarts to fill my tranny to the point where there was some fluid dripping down out of the upper filler hole. I know the tranny is supposed to hold 2.8 quarts...and the Chiltons manual I have calls for 3 quarts. So do you guys think I'm ok? I'm guessing that there was still a little fluid left over in the very bottom of the tranny even though I let it drain for a couple of hours. Why on earth is the drain plug on the side of the tranny? I guess Ford didn't put the drain plug on the bottom because they wouldn't want it to get hit if you scraped over a speed bump. Seems like there could have been a better place to put it though. I think there must have been some of the old fluid at the bottom of my tranny...for it to only take 2 & a 1/2 quarts when I did the fluid change. What do you guys think? Someone please ease my mind.

Thanks-