MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-17-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
jammmm
Registered Member

Unhappy A/C Problem - Electric or Vacuum?

My A/C is cold....but my switch to turn it from off to vent to A/C to Heat, etc. will only blow out of the Defrost and floor.

Okay....my center dash is out and the glove compartment is off. I can't find a vacuum leak anywhere. I've been told it may be an electric motor which switches the doors from vent to defrost. I really don't know.

Any suggestions? If it is a motor....where is it?

Thanks in advance for your help!
jammmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:26 PM   #2
grey88gt
Registered Member

Default Re: A/C Problem - Electric or Vacuum?

I had a vac line broken buy the fire wall on the passenger side, causing the same problem.
grey88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:23 PM   #3
tmoss
Registered Member

http://forums.mustangworks.com/attac...achmentid=5074

The vacuum lines from thje engine compartment can be broken, or if you've had your control panel out, the yeelow vacuum line can get pulled off the vacuum motor that changes the air from the winshield/floor to the dash vents.
88Gt 5spd Vert, FLowmaster Catbacks, stock cam advanced 4° @ 108.5° ICL, NMRA prepped GT40P heads 1.85/1.55 valves and 1.7 rockers, MAC P headers Jet-Hot coated, 97 Exlporer intake (ported lower), TB and injectors. 277RWHP/330RWTQ (SAE).

http://www.fastlanecars.com/
tmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:00 AM   #4
jammmm
Registered Member

Okay.....Number 1 I did find the vacuum line inside the engine compartment. As luck, (or perhaps unluck), would have it, the line was broken in two. Unluck you say?? Well, I repaired the line and hooked it back up. Turned on the A/C and the air is still blowing out of the defrost and floor.

I did check the "yellow" line. It is in tact and connected properly.

What's next??

(By the way I followed the line from the engine compartment through the firewall and the line is in tact all the way.)

Need help...the 100+ degree days may shorten my life......(Not because I can't take the heat.....but because my wife may KILL me if I don't get the A/C working in more than one car!!)

Thanks again....in advance.
jammmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:27 AM   #5
tmoss
Registered Member

you still have a vacuum problem somewhere in the line. That or the vaccum motor up there under the dash behind the control panel has a split vacuum diagphram, but that would be very rare. Remove the dash control panel and see if you have vacuum going to the vacuum motor's yellow line by pulling it off the control switch and put your finger or a vacuum guage on the nipple to see if it;s getting vacuum. If not, work back toward the engine caompartment from there.
88Gt 5spd Vert, FLowmaster Catbacks, stock cam advanced 4° @ 108.5° ICL, NMRA prepped GT40P heads 1.85/1.55 valves and 1.7 rockers, MAC P headers Jet-Hot coated, 97 Exlporer intake (ported lower), TB and injectors. 277RWHP/330RWTQ (SAE).

http://www.fastlanecars.com/
tmoss is offline   Reply With Quote