MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-30-2002, 11:52 PM   #1
moore
Registered Member

Default 2001 Convertible Radio Problem

Hello,

I have recently purchased a pre-owned 2001 Mustang Convertible (V-6). I am having a small problem though with the stereo system.

This vehicle has the 6 disc cd-changer, AM/FM. When the engine is running, the radio emits a buzzing sound from the back of the vehicle. It is not too loud, but kinda annoying. When the engine is not running, the stereo does not have this problem. Can someone please tell me what to do about this? I have the extended bumper to bumper warranty, but if it is a small problem, then I would not have to go without my Mustang for a day.

Please email me with suggestions if you have had this problem before.

Thanks,

Moore
moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 09:46 AM   #2
sjlawr
vlgeideyot

Lightbulb Hope this helps

This is just a thought, but I think it might help. Your stereo is probably picking up electronic "noise" from the engine of your car. This happens alot in many cars. I know in my mustang if I am listening to the AM stations, the radio picks up things like turn signals and wiper blades. At places like RadioShack you can buy a noise eliminator. I am not to sure how much it costs, but it could help. Also, make sure that the rear speakers are grounded properly, that could cause the buzzing as well. Good luck.
sjlawr is offline   Reply With Quote