MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-15-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
Scruffeone
Scruffy

Default 2005 Mustang Handling

2005 Mustang 4.0 V6\Manual Mineral Gray
I've had my new Mustang for about 1 month now and have put on about 1300 miles, I've noticed a couple of things that are irritating me and was wondering if anyone else has had the same experiences.
I live in the country and the road I use to get to the main hwy is very curvy. I noticed that when I take the curves at any kind of speed that (it feels like) the rear of the Stang moves and it feels like the tires are folding over. I know that the 05 Stang stock tires are unusually tall (27") and that could be causing the problem, and have been thinking of replacing them with stock 17" GT wheels and tires (ebay $800), but would be disappointed if it didn't solve the problem. I tried calling my local Ford Dealership Service advisor but he was pretty much useless in this regard. Any advice here would be appreciated.
The other thing has to do with braking, I noticed, already, that when the brakes heat up in traffic, they begin to squeal. Any adivce on quieting them would be helpful.
Other charachteristics include the front-end following any groove in the road, and wind has a dramatic effect on handling.
Overall, I'm very pleased with the power of the car, and the 5 speed\clutch are very smooth.
Scruffeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 05:50 PM   #2
Rollinsmolin
Registered Member

Default Re: 2005 Mustang Handling

i had the same probs but ive only have my 05 stang V6 for a few days
Rollinsmolin is offline   Reply With Quote