MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-27-2005, 10:35 PM   #1
juggajuice
Registered Member

Red face 3.8 v6 cam sensor install

hello, I'm hoping someone can help out with this problem quickly before having to go about it the hard way. upon changing motors and having to partly rebuild one(3.8l) for a 96 horse, i have inadvertantly not paid attention to a crutial step, that is i did not mark the cam sensor location before removing it. my cousin commented at the onset of the project to mark the distributor as a joke(its dis of course) and here i am now wishing i had. the manuals all say the same thing, MARK IT BEFORE TAKING IT OUT! the mitchell on demand is supposedly the best help one could find(mechanics all use it) but it says the same thing, if you fail to do so you must use the ford tool # blah blah blah. some help , huh? does anyone know the relationship of the sensor to the reluctor wheel inside? is it to be mounted parallel to the sensor screws, or perpendicular, to the left or right? anyone with this sort of knowledge , i would greatly appreciate knowing it asap. thanks in advance for any help someone may offer.
juggajuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 08:34 PM   #2
GodStang
College Stanger

Default Re: 3.8 v6 cam sensor install

I did mine about 5 years ago. Too long ago for me to remember. Sorry