MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-14-1999, 05:37 PM   #1
isitstock
Registered Member

Default 6.8 L V-10

I'm branching out from the mustang scene and looking for ways to add some power to my v-10 F-250. I'm thinking a bottle for a quick fix, but I want at least 75 extra just on the motor. Any suggestions out there?
isitstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-1999, 03:54 AM   #2
85 GT Man
Registered Member

I'm just curious, but what are you planning on doing with this "extra" 75 Horses that the bottle may give you???? As if the V-10 doesn't have enough torque to move a house (or two), I think you'd be better off with a freer flowing exhaust and possibly a better airbox to get more air into the motor. I know you can plumb a "dry" nitrous line into the air inlet tube and run a nitrous operated fuel pressure regulator to "bump" up the fuel pressure when you "squeeze" the motor (This is commonly done on Hondas, Acuras etc.) but again I'm just curious on why you would need more power or torque from that monster. Let us know. 85 GT Man
85 GT Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-1999, 01:59 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

isitstock may have different reasons, but I bet the near-3 tons his F-250 weighs and the 17 second et it delivers may be the motivation for his search for more power.
A Lightening it ain't.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-1999, 08:05 PM   #4
isitstock
Registered Member

Mr5.0 hit the nail on the head, except my machine exceeds 3 tons according to Ford specs. Actually, I was thinking about something like exhaust, etc for the 75 hp's. Since I posted that I realized that I should really up that a little even. I'm not used to having to consider that much weight when deciding how to reach my performance goals. I'm thinking, considering the displacement of the v-10, that it could handle considerably more than 75 out of a bottle. I don't know much yet about that engine design (piston type, etc) but expect it should at least handle 200, maybe more with a variable rate n20 system.
My main goal is to stay ahead of the hotter little 1/2 tons, especially brands x and y on the motor and maybe sucker some tougher competition with the bottle(s). Can't quit the racing bug just because the mustang is on injured reserve for at least a year!

isitstock is offline   Reply With Quote