MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-12-1999, 09:06 PM   #1
Mark McDaniel
Registered Member

Default 75 mph + or -

Need to know if there are any suggestions on where to look next. My 87 notchback 2.3/T-5 cuts out at 75 and above. Almost like a fuel starvation thing, as soon as I get under 75 (3000 RPM) it stops. I recently replaced the fuel filter, plugs, wires, cap and rotor. I understand that the cars have had a history of fuel starvation problems, how does one cure it without going to larger lines? Help, help.
Mark McDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-1999, 09:47 PM   #2
Ahren Ciotti
Registered Member

I also have an 87 LX notchback 2.3, and mine goes well over 75. Mine is a manual, and I have estimated speeds of 110, estimated cuz the speedometer stops at 85(Darn). Sorry I couldn't help, but just thought you might like to know
Ahren Ciotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-1999, 10:33 PM   #3
Mad Horse
Registered Member

I don't know if fuel starvation is your problem. I would check your fuel pressure and possibly your fuel regulator also. If it is fuel starvation you could fix it by buying a bigger fuel pump like a 110lph or something of the sort. Hope I helped.

PS. I suggest buying a fuel pressure guage if you really think it is fuel problems. I would also try a tune up (cap, rotor, and plugs if you have not done so lately. This can solve many of problems.
Mad Horse is offline   Reply With Quote