MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-27-2007, 08:58 AM   #1
jhoffman80
Registered Member

Default Battery Indicator Light

I have a 2000 mustang v6. Three days ago the battery indicator light came on and the dash lights dimmed when i went over 2k rpm. As I slowed down and the rpm went down, the battery light went off. Last evening I drove to the store and the same things were happening. When I left the store and attempted to start the car, it wouldn't start. I went to the auto store next door and they had a jumper pack so I was able to get it started. They tested the alternater and it was ok. They tested the battery and within a few minutes the charge had dropped to about 4 and was still dropping. Assuming this was the problem I purchased a new battery and the car started right up. Today I woke up and began driving to work. Just like before, as I went over 2k rpm's the battery indicator light came on.

Has anyone experienced this sort of problem before? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the problem, or some things to test out?

Thanks for your help.
jhoffman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
goodyear1984
Registered Member

Default Re: Battery Indicator Light

sounds like the regulator in the alt...i know they said that it tested out good but the part stores arent good at checking .....prolly lookin to get a new alt thats what i would put my money on
347 stroker all forged,arp everything,stud mains w/girdle,7qt pan,full roller, custom cam, aluminum heads swirl valves 5 angle valve job.quick fuel 750,areomotive pump,cobras w/nitto drags,and m/t et drags for the track, ford racing 373 gears,centerforce clutch,tko500,underdrive pulleys,bassani x-pipe,flowmasters
^best et so far 11.6 1.61 60ft coming soon 9sec et's
1992 mustang gt
2001 gmc 1500 4x4
78 century boat
92 skidoo
goodyear1984 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: