MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-27-2001, 09:39 AM   #1
Majeecka
Registered Member

Unhappy Catalytic Converters

I have a 1984 Mustang *Hatchback* *LX* 6 cylinder and it's currently at the mechanic for emissions inspection. He has told me there are three catalytic converters on my car and wants to replace them all for $200 each! Apparently I don't know squat about this and I was hoping someone could help me! Just how many converters does my car have?
Majeecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2001, 06:53 PM   #2
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Exclamation

Reguardless of how many you have, they may not need replacing. have him shoe you the print out of the sniffer test. Make sure before hand that you have armed yourself with all of your state and county regulations on the test. He may be taking you for a ride.

Three cats sounds about right, but the price SEEMS kinda high. Call some after market suppliers and ask them what they charge for cats. Hope I've helped.

------------------
1989 GT- Vortech blown 306, Anderson 3" power pipe, Vortech S-Trim 14# boost, MSD-6BTM, black wrinkle finish Cobra valve covers(woohoo), world class T-5, 3.55 gears, custom sub-frame connectors, Cobra grille insert and rear valance, Saleen "whale" wing, 4 wheel disc conversion, est 1/4mile time of 10.5+/-
1994 Cobra- MAC cold air fender kit, Motorsport underdrive pulley's, MAC 21/2" off-road H pipe, SVO mufflers, 3.73 gears, E-303 cam, 13.417@101.335mph
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2001, 08:13 PM   #3
Majeecka
Registered Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by bigwhitecobra:
Reguardless of how many you have, they may not need replacing. have him shoe you the print out of the sniffer test. Make sure before hand that you have armed yourself with all of your state and county regulations on the test. He may be taking you for a ride.

Three cats sounds about right, but the price SEEMS kinda high. Call some after market suppliers and ask them what they charge for cats. Hope I've helped.

Thank you so much, yes, this does help. Thank you for replying so quickly! This guy still has my car and I am going to see him about it tonight.

Majeecka is offline   Reply With Quote