MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-15-2003, 11:34 AM   #1
CADreamin
Registered Member

Default Steering wheel...horn...airbag

When I bought my car, it had a grant removable steering wheel kit on it. I received the airbag along with the transaction, but not the original steering wheel.

Finally got my car titled and registered in PA and it needs a safety inspection (didn't have those in CA). So I need to make sure the horn is working, probably the airbag as well.

I've been checking around the yards for stock steering wheels but in doing some research I see I'm missing the "clockspring" which connects the column harness to the electrical controls in the wheel.

Anyoone ever done one of these on a 98 or similar year? Is it easy, difficult, expensive, too dangerous to work on yourself due to the proximity of the airbag?

98 Mustang GT Coupe
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 10:56 AM   #2
CADreamin
Registered Member

Default update

Got a new clockspring from Ford and a replacement wheel from Mustang Parts Specialties. Replaced both as well as the factory airbag this weekend.

If this type of work comes up for anyone else, and you want to attempt it, let me know and I can walk you through the process...

98 Mustang GT Coupe
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote