MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-10-1999, 03:09 AM   #1
mustang_500hp
Registered Member

Angry Excessive Motorsports Kansas City (long)

I would presently like to badmouth excessive Motorsports. Let me start with excessive, about one year ago i had my first run in with Excessive motorsports and we got off on the wrong foot from day one. I was working away on a 302 buildup when what? i was shipped the wrong camshaft not excessives fault but the only shop open at the time so i called them to try to get a hold of the right cam. I called them and gave them the part number of the cam i needed they then replied that they stock all of that manufacturers cams so i said great i'll be there in about an hour. I drove an hour to blue springs MO (where they are located) walked inside told them that i had just called and what i needed they preceded to look up the part number in the computer what? we don't stock flat tappet cams we only stock rollers Wait i just called not more than 45 minutes ago and you said you stocked all of their cams. all he had to say was i'm sorry , I can't help you. strike 1.
I then decided one day to put 2 1/2" exhausts on my mustang all the way back and Excessive had a good price on it $219 for h-pipe and cat back system less mufflers. so I drove another hour I got there and told them what i needed and it rang up to $275 wait one damn minute you have three ads in recently nationally publicised magazines saying it is only $219. He says yeah well Hooker gave us a good price when we first started selling them but now it has gone up. Well folks if this isn't called false advertising i don't know what is. Strike 2.
Now to my most recent complaint which is by the way Strike 3! and they are out. Excessive thought it would be cool to sponsor a all ford race. They conveniently named it Fabulous Ford Fun Day. (Sounds kinda like Fun Ford Weekend to me) I being a member of fun ford weekend thought that was cool i can go sweep the locals. so I called excessive 4 months ago and talked to the sales manager (ext. 225) who is also in charge of rules for the event. He explained that they were using Fun Ford weekend rules posted on the website FunFord.com I thought cool i can run. being screwed by excessive several times before i didn't trust them so i called them once a month up to june 25 on all ocassions i was told that they were using fun ford rules. On july 1st i was browsing the internet when i thought i'd take a look at excessives page. Surprise surprise they lied to me all four times are those NMRA rules i see. being upset i drove to excessive the next day to inquire about the rules in person. I talked to the boy behind the counter he says that they are running Fun ford rules and that they are posted on excessives website. no no no, NMRA rules on your website he then went in the the back and emerged with a flyer stating they were running Fun Ford rules OK no reason for alarm could have just been a mistake on website. I went up there today (July 9 one week prior to raceday) to buy a few parts. when i walked in I saw a flyer with actual hard rules on it wow. I skimmed through them; Wait Wait Wait these are NMRA rules. My lucky day Sales Manager was helping me with my purchase. He threw me a bunch of sales bullshit.and said i'm sorry i can't help you. and then he began to lie to me some more. asking me when i last called I stated that i had called on 4 different ocassions first one was 4 months ago then 3 then 2 then two weeks ago. he said 4 months ago they were planning on running Fun Ford Rules But three MONTHS AGO we were dead sure we were running NMRA. ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT TO MY FACE.In my opinion excessive is a bunch of lying sons of bitches who i am surprised are still in business. Please help me remedy this problem (Them still being in business) by not purchasing or havinganything to do with excessive motorsports they screwed me they will screw you to.

P.S. The sales manager at excessive thinks NMRA is going to be a bigger organization than Fun Ford and will soon take over the Mustang racing organizations. anybody disagree? I know i do.

------------------
Future trophy Stock Champion.
mustang_500hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-1999, 12:06 PM   #2
Jett
Registered Member

Well your not alone. I have seen dozens and dozens of complaints about excessive. I am not surprised.

Brad.

------------------
Brad
88lx 2.3T soon to have 350hp
www.turboford.org
Jett is offline   Reply With Quote