MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-01-1999, 02:18 AM   #1
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Question Foglights on v-6

I was told that there was a harness already supplied, but not used, on the car for the foglights on the V-6 cars, but I am having a hard time finding it. Is there one that you know about there? This is for a friends 1997 V-6 mustang, by the way!! Thank you in advance!!

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, Cobra upper and lower, 1 5/8 headers, off road h-pipe, 2 chamber flowmasters, pulleys, hyperchip, cervini ram air hood (functional!), & much more! Check out my listing!
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-1999, 09:07 AM   #2
Crim
Registered Member

You are installing aftermarket fog lights? If so just use the wires that come with them, and follow the instructions that come with them.

If you are installing Ford lights, call your Ford dealer and ask, or check the Chilton's manual.

Sorry I can't be more helpfull but I don't own one of those models. I have installed aftermarket and then stock Ford foglights on my 87GT. Both installations were fairly easy.

Good luck
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-1999, 01:57 PM   #3
joe4speed

well, actually the lights are stock 1997 mustang GT lights, so they only have the plug in the back, not wires that can be spliced, like the 87-93 GT's!!! But I can't find such a harness leading that way! Maybe only the GTS mustangs had the harness there! Thanks for the info!!

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, Cobra upper and lower, 1 5/8 headers, off road h-pipe, 2 chamber flowmasters, pulleys, hyperchip, cervini ram air hood (functional!), & much more! Check out my listing!
Old 11-25-1999, 03:24 AM   #4
joe4speed

Well, I put the lights in, just used the old "hook-up-the-relay-because-my-stock-GT-lights-blink-on-and-off" method! Works good! Looks good too! I like the newer style foglights better than my 88 GT ones! Nice and slick! Thanks for the info though! I guess it used good old fashioned wiring to hook it up though! No harness there! I think the harness was only with the GTS versions of the car!
Joe

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: