MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-19-2003, 09:33 PM   #1
Alukard
Registered Member

Default gonna rip it apart

I have an 86' Mustang LX its got one of those shitty little 2.3L engines that make you cry when you rev it up wishing it had balls. I have in mind to rip it out and replace it with a 5.7L chev Big block that i can get for 2500 i know i need to redo all the suspension and transmission etc etc etc. but what i would like to know is if any of you fellow motor heads have done this all before, and im wasting my time when i can do more with my car. I plan on making look as stock as possible as i want to smoke the locals out here in hic ville who all drive hondas or a big 'ol truck. As it stands already I out shift them, beat them off the line every time but they always catch up and pass me as there engines have less than 200k on it.... but before i do all that which will take me about 6-8 months to save for is there anything i can do for under 1000$ aside from NoS, too give me a better chance... i want them to think im a person who isnt making alot of flow so it takes me a long time to save for mods when in reality i make a killing bringing in 3000 a month after taxes.. and when i eventually do completly gut my beast and make her have real BIG balls i dont want them to have a clue its been done excpet for when the pull up past the painted finish line coughing on my dust and burnt rubber