MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-14-2004, 03:35 PM   #1
heatherb
Registered Member

Default help error code

I just bought a 94 mustang conv. It was hit in the front and the air bags went off, I bought the air bag covers and looped the line but I am still getting an error code. I replaced the fuse and the air bag light buld on the gauge cluster and disconected the battery but the error code remains. Now the speedometer and rpm gauge etc. won't work. Can anyone please help I have no man around to ask for help and I am hopeing to get my car put back together soon. Thanks
heatherb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 02:54 PM   #2
84LX89GT
Mustangs

If the air bags have been deployed the crash sensors are probably grounded from the wreck and will continue to give you an error code, a crash sensor has a gold ball that becomes dislodged during a wreck shorting the sensor, it's hard to say what it could be through since wiring could be damaged and you don't know the actual code it's sending. When you start it how many times does the light blink. If i remember correctly it will flash a few times, stop for a second flash again a few times and then it will wait something like 5 seconds to repeat it. See if you can figure out how many flashes it sends and that would be a great help.

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote