View Single Post
Old 04-02-1999, 11:08 PM   #3
Uneek 80
Registered Member

Wow! Another out there! I have an '80 Hatchback with a 3.3. I Must suggest a couple of things: As far as advancing timing, my best results have been to reroute the vacuum to a direct venturi vacuum, and set base timing at approx 25-30 degrees (I had an 81 previously I had set it at 42 safely, but I think there's a distributor difference). I have also swapped up to a Holley 1946 carb ('81 up), and swapped out the untouched C4 trans for a 4 speed o/d manual. You may also want to check out Clifford Performance (www.cliffordperformance.com), they specialize in 6 cyl performance.

I am also planning a few more mods, including the clifford header (possibly dual), and attempting throttle body injection. I have a 3.45 7.5" axle waiting on a shortened driveshaft. I need to get another block to bore it .060" over and balance it all. Possibly a T5 if I can figure how the swap will work (will have to modify bellhousing and move trans crossmember back about an inch.)

If anyone else has some input please let us know! The 3.3 should not be a forgotten breed!

------------------
Jeremy B.
"Unique" 80 Hatchback
Uneek 80 is offline   Reply With Quote