View Single Post
Old 10-24-2002, 07:11 PM   #1
Strim91GT
Registered Member

Question idle problems on a blown 393

I'm just working with getting my new 393 started, and i absolutely cannot get it to idle.... it will start up and rev to 3,000 and then just sputter and die... OR when it starts and revs i can keep giving it gas to keep it alive, but it will rev to 3,000 and stay there for about 5 or 6 seconds and then it will sputter and die but i can usually revive it by pumping the gas pedal. I can't even begin to get out of the car to start troubleshooting the problem because i can't get it to stay idling, it will always die if i don't give it gas. I have played around with fuel pressure, with timing, with the tps setting and the idle set screw. I have checked to make sure my idle air bypass valve tests okay, and the tps goes from .98 to 4.5 at wide open throttle with no breaks in the readings.... I am out of ideas, I am not sure if my eec computer is giving me problems since it is no longer a 302.... Any advice or suggestions is very greatly appreciated... it's a it's a dss 393 with afr 185 heads and trick flow injected intake with a complete aeromotive 1000 fuel system and 30 lb injectors plus a vortech S trim with a 2.85 pulley on it. I am totally out of ideas. I know it sounds underinjected right now i have the fuel pressure at approximately 60 psi to try to make up for some of that. thanks
Strim91GT is offline   Reply With Quote