MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-06-2001, 01:09 PM   #1
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

Post AOD HELP! Tranny lines leaking!

Hey All,

I noticed some nice pink dots on my driveway the other day, so I jacked her up. I thought it was my pan and gasket, so I changed that. (needed to be done anyway) A few hours later, I see another drop. Up she goes again.

I now see that it is coming from the tranny lines on the transmission. It looks like only the top one is leaking.

I called Lentech automatics, since they are only 20 min away, and he said that there are fittings in the lines, which you can only get from Ford, about $8. He also said that you need a special tool to get the lines off the tranny.

I then called Mr Transmission. He said that I may have to drop the H-Pipe, which I assumed since I cannot get my hand in there. He would not get me a price, but if they have to drop the H-Pipe, I think it will be big $$$.

They both said not to drive it to hard or let it get too hot.

Has anyone done this themselves? How? Did you have to drop the h-pipe?

Thanks!

Ian

------------------
Ian Sim
webmaster@stangpower.com
STORED: 1988 Mustang GT "Canadian Cobra", stock, AOD, loaded
Visit my site:
http://www.stangpower.com

88COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 05:32 PM   #2
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

1st i'd try just tightening the fitting, then if it is tight then go about changing the fitting out for a new one
the fittings have a plastic piece inside of them and thats what the line snaps into, if its broken, the line will leak, you might be able to break the plastic piece and just pull the line out, you may be able to get the line out with a decent amount of muscle, then the new fitting just screws into the tranny and the line snaps right in
im guessing the special tool is to get the old line out of the fitting, but i just yanked mine out, it doesnt matter if you ruin it because your replacing it anyway,
if you cant get to a ford dealer, most tranny shops will have the fitting in stock

------------------
88 Notch, B&M Ripper, 3.73's, Ported E7's, Explorer int. w/ ported lower, pulleys, 1.7RR's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframes, 65mm TB, March ram air ,MSD coil, U/L control arms, 155lph f/p, Crane Adj.FPR, Nitto drag radials, best 1/4--> 13.76@101.4 on a 2.17 60ft
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote