MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-06-1999, 11:54 PM   #1
ProjectLX
Registered Member

Post Mods

The exhaust guy at Mastertone installed a 2-1/2" straight pipe and a 2-1/2" chrome tip behind the 2nd cat for $45. He checked, and it passes emissions and sound laws. He says the 2nd cat on the car acts as a muffler legally. I took the car out testing and found out as hard as I try I couldn't only get 1 wheel to spin 'cause they both spin. I guess that means it has a locking diff or trac-lok. I also put in my Sony XS-33 dash speakers. They sound 10X bette than the stock ones. How do you remove the panel for the door speakers?
ProjectLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-1999, 12:29 PM   #2
Trevor
Registered Member

I have a 1990 lx, in my car you have to take the whole door panel off to get to the speakers. What ever you do don't pull of what appears to be the little speaker cover on the corner it is almost impossible to put back on. To remove the door panel just take off the arm rest and the plastic plate around the door handle. Once these are removed you have to pull the stupid little one way screw-like plastic things that hold the panel in place, try not to destroy them. The door panel then lifts up over the door lock and then off. By the way i have all power locks and windows of you don't it will be a little different but I doubt any harder. It is easy. Good luck.
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-1999, 06:23 PM   #3
Jett
Registered Member

Were u on pavement when u were 'peeling' out?
U might have different rear-end, it may have been an option to get trac-lok.

Brad.

------------------
Brad
88lx 2.3T soon to have 350hp
www.turboford.org
Jett is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: